Need CRX help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22A89CRX

Okay guys seriously this car is pissing me off okay i did the DPFI to MPFI and did it to the diagram exactly as it shows on this site and i am getting a rev limiting problem that occurs at 1500 rpm and it was doing at 3800-4000 when i orginally got the car and i swapped a couple wires around and it fixed the problem for the first like 3 starts which i was so happy and excited then all of a sudden when i went to actually drive the car would not go over 1500 rpm and now just like sounds like its hitting a rev limiter at the 1500 mark and im getting a code 10 and 14 which really have nothing to do with making it run like this someone help me out if you can

when i got the car it originally had the code 4 and code 10 and the code 4 only appears when b10 and b12 are switched so those are the wires i switched to the diagram on this site ran awesome in the garage until i wanted to actually drive it now has the code 10 and 15

also the person before me installed racing harnesses and i was wondering how do you dummy out the seat belt light

when i got the car it originally had the code 4 and code 10 and the code 4 only appears when b10 and b12 are switched so those are the wires i switched to the diagram on this site ran awesome in the garage until i wanted to actually drive it now has the code 10 and 15
your first post said codes 10 and 14 - is it 10 and 14? - usually when you have both codes 10 and 14, you have the connectors for the IAT sensor (code 10) and EACV (code 14) switched - the IAT sensor connector is white in color and has 2 wires, Red with White stripe and Green with White stripe - the EACV connector also has 2 wires, Black with Yellow Stripe and Blue with Yellow stripe - on the DPFI cars, the EACV connector is green in color

yeah ment 10 and 14 okay i will check that one out cause im just trying to get this car running with the fucked up mpfi swap right now and fixing it but thanks i will check those wires and see if theyre flipped and i got rid of my 1500 rev limit problem one of my dizzy connectors some how slipps out of the connector so i got to get a new one

this guys name is h22crx and he is having problems with a d-series based ef... its like playing with legos, ftl

yeah because i was given the CRX for free because the damn thing didnt run and i had to fix it all and the H22 is out of my accord i had swapped so for wanting others people insight of what the problems could have been i just merged what i had into my name on this sight is meaningless for right now its just hard to figure out someones elses fucked wiring and rewire almost the entire car

but thanks jlicrx for the info for those 2 codes i posted about i had to switch the wiring around for those sensors as well got rid of my codes and my rev limit problem thank jli for your help the only one who did anything of the sort

hey Jli i went to go actually drive this on the road and once i it hit the pavement it went back to doing the rev limiter problem i was having and yet i have like no codes and now i am really confused on what my problem(s) could be and my only other thing i can think of is tearing out the entire wiring harness chassis and engine and start over from that just if you have any input let me know

Back