1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need D series help FAST!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by welfare, Feb 9, 2007.

1. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

my brother blew his d16y7 but wants to keep the vtec head, we have 2 different engines that we could use the blocks from, one is a crx hf engine (don't know the engine code but think its d15b6) and the other is a d15b8 (CX) engine. Which one of these would be easier to put the y7 head on? I know we had alot of problems putting an a6 head on a zc because the holes for the head bolts didn't line up, but what about these engines?? Compression ratio and power gain is not an issue here, its just a daily driver, also will the oil pan work on these engines??
    Basically are all the D series engines compatable like the B series are??

2. juicedz

juicedz Member

check out D-series.org. Sorry I dont know the answer.

3. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

i dont know all that much but if you put a d16 head on a d15 motor your going to have a weak ass motor if you not turbo'ing it if anything you want the head to be from a lower end civic like a d16 head on a d17 block now that will make some power but going the other way lowers your compression and you'll loss a mass amount of power by doing it your best bet would be go buy a d16 from a junk yard there a dime a dozen you should be able to pick one up 150 to 300 hundred bucks
    o yeah and a d16y7 is NOT a vtec ~ sorry to bust your bubble if thats what you have

4. welfare

welfare Ancient Member

for those who are confused, I just talked to my bro. its a y7 block with a z6 head and it is turbo. Im just going to tear it all apart and see what fits. Its just for a couple months until his other engine is done. Thanks anyway!

5. custompainter

custompainter drive it like U stole it

all d- series will work with d - series same block same head just different internals

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted