need details on the pr3 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatched92

can anyone give me all the details on the head? it's on a 93 b17 gsr right now and wanted to know if its better or worse?

thanks for any help

we need more information to be able to help you. better or worse than what?

it's on a b17a1 bottom end and i dont remember about the pr3 head. i dont know what it's off of or anything. i meant is it better than the stock b17a1 gsr head or not?

thanks

pr3 is obd 0. the b17 is p61 and obd 1. i would rather have the p61 cause its newer and came stock. how did you get the head changed?

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 7 2003, 06:39 AM
pr3 is obd 0.

No, they aren't nescessarily. My B16A has a PR3-4, my buddies ITR has a PR3-3. PR3 is just the casting code. Since a B17A1 is basically a B16 with a slightly longer stroke, the head is the same.

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 7 2003, 05:57 PM
ok, if i was wrong, then the reference section was wrong.

https://hondaswap.com/reference/index.php?mode=ecu

For one thing, that is a list of ECU's, not head codes, parts codes, or whatever. And it isn't wrong, those are the ECU numbers that came with those motors, but the parts code can be different.

b16 and b17 heads are almost exactly the same, not sure if its the same casting but its comparable. with the GSR head you will get slightly higher compression because it has smaller combusion chambers

well the gsr head is also a pr3 so i'll look at wich one it is.

can i sleeve it to 2.0 or is that to much for that block? should i just get a new gsr swap?

thanks

oh, i coulda sworn you said something about the 95 gsr, which is the p72 head and will give higher compression, and is different then the older gsr heads.

but yes you can sleeve it to 2.0L, i think you can actually get a little bit bigger too but i dont know what the limit is.

yeah i was talking about the 95 up...i was saying that it's better but idk what they were talking about lol just arguing.

i was thinking doing the 1.8 crank, rods, and pistons with a high comp gasket to seal things off. should i just go 2.0?

what kind of power?

Back