Need East Coast engine swap shop, who's the BEST?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Adam P

Hello All,

I am now looking to buy a 1996-2000 Civic hatch to do a hybrid B-16 or better. Who is the most reputable shop on the East Coast who can help me to do this? A white 2000 Civic Type R is my dream car, and damnit, if I can't buy it here, I'm going to build it. I'm looking for a shop who is thorough, and can do the work to the highest standards.

Also if the shop is close to North Carolina, that would be a great help.

Thanks! -Adam.

Inlinepro in Virginia. It doesnt take a genius to do an engine swap though. My buddy that does them in his garage is the best IMO. :p

where about NC are you. goto CarolinaHondas.com. Phantasm motorsports & 421 Motorsports are good if your in the raliegh area. Speed Innovations if your in the Concord/Charlotte area. there also a few people who will do it for money also.

but definitly talk to pete (Trickturn), jason (jdogg), and rob (gsrswapandslow) on there they do swaps like whoa

Save yourself the 1000 dollars for the labor part and just do it over a weekend. It is really really easy.

Milan

I'm in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Thanks for all of the input. I was looking at some of the directions in the How To, it does seem pretty easy, but there is no way I could tackle this alone. Would anyone like to make a new friend, and a fair sum of money for helping me? This of course is a long shot, but who knows? Anyway, I think it will be difficult to source ALL of the parts. I know that I could save a bundle if I pieced it all together. I wish there was a good source for buying EVERYTHING for a complete swap.

First I need to sell my car, then I'll really start planning this out. I need to continue reading up on swap "How To's". Thanks again for the replies, if anyone has anything else they want to add, by all means, speak up. -Adam.

if you just dropped the motor in yourself most place will wire up your ride and get it running for like 400-500. I always did my swaps by myself and without a hoist, I say atleast give it a try and if you really can't bolt up three motor mounts to your ride then tow it to whatever place is recommened to you or your mechanic.

Milan

it's not exactly a difficult swap, just pick yourself up the 99/00 si rear mount from the dealer or a junkyard ... assuming it was a obd2 swap you picked up it'd be cake expecially if you threw it in a ex.. i'm getting stationed in fayetteville nc and i'll have access to the auto craft center (lifts and all the air tools you can immagine), the only constraint is time so i couldn't tinker with bs problems all week.

japan direct is in NC I believe. there website is www.usedengine.com
I just bought a b16 with an LSD tranny from them last week, it's not installed yet because my mechanic hasn't had time. I was going to do it myself as well but then my mechanic said he'd do it for about $400 and he's got all the right tools

jeremy at japan direct is a good guy to deal with and responds to e-mails and answers calls very quickly.

good luck

If you have the right tools I would say go for it yourself. Do all the planning with the help of the people on here, thats where all the brains are required, then the actual labor can be done yourself. I'm not mechanically inclined in the slightest and I changed out a transmission... with some tools from a friend and a haynes guide. Learned a hell of a lot too...

Plus you can tell chicks you did it.

Back