1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Engine Swap Advice

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by mrhogiyogi, May 17, 2008.

1. mrhogiyogi

mrhogiyogi New Member

New to site. Have an 88 SI totaly stock but with blown engine, threw a rod and put hole in block. Interested in swap. Looking for something that can be driven daily horsepower not a big issue, just reliability and a simple swap if their is such a thing. Know any good JDM suppliers in So. Calif. Smog is always an issure here.
    All ideas appreciated

Don;)

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  2. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

If you want a simple swap close to stock go with a zc. Since you live in Cali this may not be easy. I am not sure on calis laws with swaps, but tons of people have done them and can help you.

3. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Also, this is in the wrong forum. This is an 88, making it part of the EF generation.

Also, I would go with your stock motor (as long as the head is ok) just to get it past CA inspection and emissions. Then switch to a Z6 SOHC VTEC head (The Mini me) and be done with it.

4. toughlikerock

toughlikerock New Member

got 90 crx with d16z6 vtec. hooked up, when i turn my car on it runs. then when i gas it, it dies out. is it the throttle wiring?

5. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

Start your own thread. And don't bring back old threads.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted