Need Extra Motor Mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Buff_Hatch

Have a 1991 Hatch with the B16 swap and new slightly stiffer than stock motor mounts, don't remember which ones but they make the dash shake a bit more than normal.

I have the traction control bar on the front. However, when I take off from a stop, the torque on that thing shakes the engine from the mounts.

It would be great if it had another torque mount like the one in the rear. I have room to add one up front. Does anyone know of a 4th mount I could use, or anyone with similar problems?:eek:

I just used a single stiff rear mount, only shook the dash when i had the front one installed.

You can see if theres a damper available or can be fabricated(looks like a small shock absorber) paired with softer torque mounts.

I know on the D series I removed, there was a "dogbone" type in the front. On the 1992-95, some of them have 5 mounts.

I don't mind fabricating the mounting bracket to the traction bar, but need to find a suitable mount for the front.

What traction Bar are you running? I know Innovative has the kit for their traction bar to run the front motor mount.

I see the Innovative Front Mount. Looks good, I will have to fabricate the bracket to the bar I currently have.... however. The mounts I have are Innovative, the 75a rubber, which you can feel more than the Standard 60a.

Back