Need for Speed: Most Wanted, First Impression

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

Yeah I spent a few hours playing it last night on my PC, and I have to say, as expected the first part of the game involving the "actors" fleshing out the storyline is EXTREMELY GAY. It's Gay to the 10th power of pi. Not even the throbbing poonescence of Josie Maran can save this flaming turd of a script and these ridiculous "characters." These guys look and sound like they just stepped out of West Side Story. It's so bad. But once you get past the initial half hour or so of introductory movies and races, the game actually gets pretty cool. You have to drive around the city for a few minutes to get acclimated to the layout and the new and improved driving physics of the game, and then things get interesting.

However, every time they switch back to the blacklist character part of the storyline, the game gets gay again for a few seconds. Other than that, it's pretty fun to play. The driving is a lot different than the last two NFS games, in a good way. The cars feel a lot more realistic in that they don't handle very well on actual city streets at over 100 mph. Hitting a curb at speed does pretty much what you'd expect hitting a curb at speed would do. I had a few occasions where my car was sent hurtling thru the air in a corkscrew spin because I hit the curb. And you lose traction a lot easier than in the previous games, which is cool because you know you couldn't do 150 mph thru a 90 degree turn in real life without losing grip anyway. Unlike in NFSU1 and 2.

Anyone else played this game yet?

I MASTERED THE 1rst one and like it. The second was a little challenging but i like the options they gave me. Never quite finished it though. If i still had the xbox i would buy the new one. congrats on the new game

I bought it and think it's the best NFS game out of the last three. They got rid of a lot of the stupid mods and tuned the physics a LOT better. And finally there's cops again.

Only problem I have is it looks like crap, even on my HDTV. I should've waited to get the 360 version instead.

Overall I give the game a 9/10. It's a vast improvement over the last game.

I played "The first" Need for Speed on my Amiga in 1987.

It was by Accolade software, ran off two 3.5 floppies.

I can not imagine how that must have driven people crazy. The engine sound was a series of pitched beeping, and long tones. And I would top end the Lotus Esprit all the time, and the computer would hit "BLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOO" as it bounced off the rev limiter. My parents must have tried to kill me at least once in that stage of my life.

Remember, I went straight from these games into an Xbox 2 years ago. I never had a Nintendo, I never really had a game console outside of my Vectrex or Atari 700. Then I played some side scrollers on the PC (Tower Toppler, Lode Runner, Dig Dug and shit like that) and then I went into Doom (Which changed my life).

Next thing I know I'm just staring at NFSU, drooling, eyes as big as saucers. I had to play it. And play it, I did. 4 days straight in 2003.

NFSU games are t3h suck IMO.

i miss bubble bobble

I heard its a short game, is this true? How is the online play anyone play online yet? i LOVED the NFS hot pursuit im happy to know they have cops again!! I'm hesitant on getting it though becuase I NEED to save for my turbo and shit like that and I want to get a HDTV.

Most Wanted is better than NFSU2 IMHO. No ghey style points or anything. All races are accesable through a shortcut menu.

And MW is long as well. 15 black list races + 60+ challenges.

my roommate rented it over thanksgiving, and i played it last night.

it was pretty cool. graphics aren't that good, but it has more features then underground. the cops add a lil extra difficulty.

has anyone here played it on xbox and ps2? i wonder if the xbox graphics are so shitty on purpose.... to help sales of the 360..

i founf the xbox graphics to be better than ps2 hands down. At least on the last NFS. Haven't seen the 360 yet. I think getting out of hand though. Since when do we have to pay almost 1000 bucks for a game console! damn thats a little high for me. i'm kinda glad though now i'm going to take advantage of it a buy me a reg. xbox dirt cheap.

played the pc version and its not half bad. just testing it out and its a lot better than need for speed underground. the cars a better too. waiting to see if the black version patch works. =)

what exactly is the difference between the black version and the regular one?

two cars, a few race events, and another track i believe. i bought the black edition, just because it comes in a shiny case =)
oh, and a craptastic 'making - of' dvd is included. ugh...

Nice. I don't think the black edition is much, if any more expensive than the regular one so I guess I'll get it (PC).

there is a patch for it on the interweb to make it the black edition. dont know if it actually works though.

I've got the Black Edition, and there's no goddamn 67 Camaro or BMW GTR to test drive like the box said. I'm really fucking pissed about that. But I'm about 43% done with the game right now iirc, I'm challenging Kaze, who's number 7 on the blacklist. I love this game, the police chases are fucking insane, especially when the SUV cops ram you head on, and the roadblocks are so fun to blast through.

My current two cars are a maxed out RX-8 and Evo 8. The Porsche Cayman sucks ass. So does the Mustang GT. That car is dogshit to drive. The car I started out with was the Fiat Punto, which was a real good car for the first few blacklist people, but after a while it shows its weakness and you have to trade up for something better.

A word of warning: if you use a get out of jail free token when you get busted, you lose all the bounty and milestones you acquired for that run. I learned that the hard way after beating 4 milestones and scoring over 100k in bounty in one run. :cry:

And I'm playing it on my PC, it looks incredible. The graphics are insane. So realistic. Some of the Custom paint jobs are so goddamn beautiful. There's a candy ruby red that is beyond belief. They really did a nice job coding this game.

Hey, Celerity, did you ever play the old Test Drive games on the Commodore 64? Christ I used to play the shit outta those back in the 80s.

I'm playing on my xbox, and I gotta say it's prolly the best NFS game to date, sure it has its flaws, but no more than any other racing game. I just ran a 350,000 bounty chase, and when I was done, my hands were sweaty from holding the controller, apparently I was into it. Yeah, the "acting" is prety ghey, but overall, I do like the game, it could stand to improve a little, I'd like to see a little more smoke when I'm just sittin and spinnin trying to run from the heat, I agree with the Prowler rating of a 9 out of 10.

It took me a while to get use to the vehicle handling in Most Wanted myself, but I like it. Much better and more stiff than the other two. The graphics though, lack in comparison to Underground 2 in my opinion. I have all 3 on the PC and this last one, while still looking impressive, is not as crisp as the 2nd one.

Haha and man I am so with Confusatron when it comes to the acting. It's actually so damn bad it's hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh and point and go, "This will be the last thing you're in" when some gayness character popped up on screen.

Back