1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need for Speed

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by gottagetfaster, Sep 25, 2004.

1. gottagetfaster

gottagetfaster Junior Member

my 97 accord 4cyl 5spd has a speed limiter of 115mph.
    i have been told the more things i change on my car the faster my car will go.
    i have also been told that my ecu wont let me go over 115mph. I was wondering if there is a way to get pass 115 without taking out the speedsensor. I heard that i could go and get a ecu similiar to mine and change it. I need to know if this is true how do i know exactly which ecu will do the trick? or do i have to get mine reprogramed to over come my 115 problem?

thanks in advance

:(

2. ChrisSiR

ChrisSiR Senior Member

No offense, but how often do you drive 115+? is there even a need to go faster?

3. gottagetfaster

gottagetfaster Junior Member

i go at least 115 everyday when i am going down this long as 4 mile straight away. Plus i just dont wont to start doing things to the car and i can't even get over 115.

4. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

You can search on this forum for the answer too. You could unplug the speed sensor from the ecu but....it will throw a cel light, and if your motor has vtec it might not engage. The vtec will only engage if the car > than a certian speed and rpm.

5. tab

tab Super Moderator

chip your ECU and buy a helmet. Make sure none of us are close to you at 115+

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted