need gift ideas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
i have no idea what to get my neice/god child
shes 9 months old.

I bought my sis/bro in law a digital camera/digital printer combo thing so that they can have instant pics of the baby as she grows up. they are pretty poor. lol she doesn't work much (substitute teaches 2 times a week roughly) and he makes less than i do. plus they have a house. so their budget is non-existant for 400 dollar camera and stuff. that makes a great gift i think.

but what in gods name do i get the little rug rat?

i'm not good at all with kids... lol. toys? clothes? if so, WHAT? i have no idea what she has already...
my parents bought a lot of toys, clothes, and diapers already... so that kinda defeats the point. she can only fit into 9-12month old clothes for so long. no sense having so many.
i thought about opening a savings account for her or something... throw a couple hundred bucks in it, and throw some more from time to time.
in 18 years, she MIGHT be able to afford to go to college. i don't see how my sis/bro-I-L will ever be able to afford it. As it is, he went into the military to pay for his school, and hes just going to night school at a local community college. I don't want that for her.

at the same time, its her first christmas. opening up a savings book is liek whoodie do. she can't read. lol i want her to have stuff to play with and what not, ya know?

time is running out, and i've yet to buy shit for her.

any suggestions would be great

I think you've already gave her a great gift. The camera is going to be used on her more then anyone else. plus she gets to play with a kick ass empty box.

if you really want to help out buy clothes she can grow into.

other then that the box/wraping paper takes the cake.

shes 9 months old .... she wont remember a fucking thing she gets.... the bank account thing actually sounds pretty cool

she will get asswads of toys / clothes/ shit like that

Get her a stuffed animal or some kind of educational toy for a cool present to open. But also, do the savings account, that'll mean way more to her later on.

Back