need guidance for 180-ish whp N/ A B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbodeigo

so i asked in another thread, but didnt get an answer. perhaps its an ignorant question, i really dont know.

i have a stock OBD0 B16A, "converted" to OBD1. i plan on keeping stock bore/stroke, and no port/polish. i simply can not afford the head work, considering i dont trust anyone local to do it, and im looking at a starting price of roughly $1300 for shipping and labor to have someone non-local do it.

so yeah, i dont want to start a flame war, i just would like to know from experienced builders how to get to up in the 180whp neighborhood, with a dyno tuned(crome), 93 octane sucking B16

this is my rough draft:

CTR pistons to bump up c/r to 11:1. would be willing to utilize a thinner head gasket to bump it up more, but i dont know much about the physics involved

stock crank, stock rods, above mentioned pistons, Fidanza fly, and a shaved(no PS/AC) stock crank pulley, all balanced

98+ ITR/CTR cams. im pretty firm on this, for reason that will be covered later. if they wont get me to my whp mark, please someone tell me how far they will go

ITR/CTR springs and retainers. i dont rev to 9k rpm, havent even seen 8K yet

stock valves/seals

AEBS intake manifold portmatched to 68mm throttle body. once again, im highly open to suggestion on this. i dont know what diameter TB would be best for my power goal

Hytech replica header

60mm exhaust, no cat, 2 resonators, 1 straight thru muffler

i think that sums it up...

note: i dont want to spend a fortune on forged pistons or rods or high end cams, as im pretty sure i will one day turbo the motor. i just dont have the cash for a proper turbo kit at the moment, and i feel like my motor could use a "freshening"

any help/guidance/advice would be greatly appreciated, but please keep negative comments to yourself

sorry, forgot to mention this is a daily driver, which will probably never see a quarter mile strip. i do, however, do a lot of "spirited" driving.

Back