need help!! 2000 si with a gsr..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luishtw21

hello everyone im new to this forum! theres alot of people here that know ALOT about swaps so i decided to join.

well heres my problem. i have a 2000 civic si that i bought at a auction. car was stolen so engine was gone and some interior stuff. well i bought a 2000 gsr engine from a friend thats complete!

i got the swap pretty much covered. so my question is that i wanna keep ac and ps. ive searched and everyone says that you have to get the brackets off of a 99-00 civic or the del sol. but from what i understand this is done to retain a civic ac (d-series) compressor because of the ac lines. since my car is a si do i have to switch my ac comp.? it has the ac lines still. so i would like to know if i could just use the ps and ac from my b18c1? its still attached to the engine. is it possible to keep it? i know this is a rare swap but my situation is different. i think itll just drop in but would like to know before the engine goes in. ill appreciate any help and thanks in advance!

All the b series stuff is the same when it comes to the ac and power steering. If you already have the lines and compressor all you will need is the brackets from the si or the integra. Dont take out what you have!

thats what im thinking! thanks! so you say stick with what i got. everything is from the integra as of ps and ac and brackets. lines are si. i think ima just go for it and see how it works out. thanks alot. anybody elses opinion is also appreciated. ill post what happens as soon as i get it done.

Yeah I know for a fact that it will work. I have been doing this shit for a long time so dont worry about it!

just wanted to say that i did the swap today and it worked perfect!! thanks for the info boostin4fun! everything bolted up together!!

Back