1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP!!! 83 civic

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Leon89Farlust, May 5, 2010.

1. Leon89Farlust

Leon89Farlust New Member

ok. So I found a carb for my car. its 100.00 out the door. Here is the thing. It is for the 78-79 accord- prelude. It is still a keihin 3 bbl carb. But the site says that it is for a 1735cc. My 83 is a 1.5. It also has a keihin 3 bbl on it. Now some of the vacuum holes and connections look kinda different. But what I need to know it. Will it WORK??? I need this car running within like the next 2 weeks. Will I need to take it to a carb shop to have it put on by techs oh can redo some of the vacuum lines? I need help... In more then one way at this point.

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

not sure i doubt it, why not just get the carb you need

3. Leon89Farlust

Leon89Farlust New Member

can't find it for anything less the 250.00. I don't have that kind of money. I mean I think this carb will work. It's the same model. But I am not completely sure. I am gonna call the place and talk to a tech tomorrow and find out, then call a carb shop and talk to them about it as well. But from what I am hearing, it should work. Some vacuum lines might have to be by-passed. But I have to do what I have to do. The same web site has the same model carb, but for the 1.5 like mine. But it's for a 78-79 as well as the one I am thinking of getting.

4. ricksautomotive

ricksautomotive honda dealer tech

man i hated the 83 civic. i did a tune up on one a few years ago. even rebuilt the carb. the car was seriously lacking descent parts but it needed a new intake manifold. i refused to work on that car after that. dont know about the carb you found working but good luck bro

5. Leon89Farlust

Leon89Farlust New Member

Yeah I have been told that the motor is still strong and good. But the carb is fucked. as for the carb I found I might have to have some vacuum lines by-passed, and that might fuck my chances of it passing smog. But I got a few friends who can help with that lol.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted