NEED HELP!!! 91 LS into 98 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastlittlecivic69

OK, well I've almost done rebuilding my 91 LS motor, now for the tricky stuff. I have asked a lot of people and each has a different answer. SO i need help so I know what to buy. The motor is going into a 98 civic and I'm want to step up to hondata this summer when I get my turbo. So should I get an obd-1 distributor and ecu with the obd-2 to obd-1 jumper or what, i'm totally lost. Oh and what engine mounts will i need. Thanks!

Originally posted by Swift Tuner@Feb 9 2004, 08:52 PM
:blink:

:werd: :withstupid:

First off, why would you put an old ass OBD 0 motor into a nice newer OBD II Civic and then meet them in the middle witha OBD I conversion? I hope you don't have to get said motor smogged, and have thought about how you're going to wire it. And you need the teg mounts, with a 99-00Si rear.

Well I didn't have the money for a b18b. I am in missouri and we don't have smog tests. The reason I wanted to go with obd 1 because i've heard it is easier to tune and much more forgiving than obd2. So any help would be nice...thanks

welp congratulations ... that engine is going to cost you more by the time its in and running correctly than the B18B that you didnt have the money for

Yea, what tranny are you using? And are you using an OBD I intake manifold injectors, MAP, TPS?

Is there anyone who help me figure this out, i know i've made a mistake, I just need to know how to fix it

Originally posted by fastlittlecivic69@Feb 9 2004, 09:04 PM
Is there anyone who help me figure this out, i know i've made a mistake, I just need to know how to fix it

I already answered you on the mounts. The rest should be like this. Get an OBD OBD II distributor, and complete intake manifold (injectors, TPS, MAP) (You want all this to plug into your car, and you car is OBD II, don't use OBD I parts, or you'll be a square one) then just run a OBD II ECU, or get a conversion harness and run the OBD I ECU.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 9 2004, 03:03 PM
Yea, what tranny are you using? And are you using an OBD I intake manifold injectors, MAP, TPS?

I'm using LS with cable to hydro conversion. As for the injectors and sensors I'll use whatever is the easiest and cheapest to do

Thanks man you've truely been a great help, will i need also then an obd-ii engine harness?

Originally posted by fastlittlecivic69@Feb 9 2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks man you've truely been a great help, will i need also then an obd-ii engine harness?

If you use your harness (easiest way) yes, as long as you use OBD II parts, everything will be a snap, you may have to lengthen a couple wires on the tranny side, but otherwise your good.

You MAY be able to transfer the electronics, but I can't say for sure. The best way is to foind a OBD II B18B distributor, and complete intake manifold, and use your Civic wiring harness, modding it to fit.

Back