need help! 93 eg hatch rear brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimmie_dean

i have a 93 civic hatch and need help getting a list of ALL the parts i need, and what year/model car i can get them from, to swap my rear drum brakes for disc. (brackets, screws, hoses, etc....) i want to know exactly what i am getting myself into before i start this project.... :confused: if anyone can offer some help i would greatly appreciate it!

hey, i just did this conversion on my EJ1 coupe...

i bought the entire trailing arm assembly with the e-brake cables off of craigslist. you can get any setup off of a 94-01 integra because it's the same as the eg's...

you are going to need:
trailing arms complete with the rotor setup and maybe new pads
new stainless steel brake lines if it did not have any
e-brake cables (preferably the ones that it came with)
new bushings if they are shot
brake fluid/lots of towels
flair wrenches/vice-grips
extra suspension bolts in case there is some that are seized
*optional* 4040 proportioning valve from a civic or integra (2 in 4 out)
*optional* 15/16" or 1" master cylinder/brake booster setup

this was actually a pretty big pain in the ass for me, mostly with swapping out the prop valve. prepare for some very stubborn fittings, i'm still trying to figure out the whole bb/mc combo i need.

hope some of this helps,
Cheers

alright, so just a little quick update...i finally got my bigger MC/BB combo and i retract my statement about it being optional.

with my old (stock) 13/16 piston, the pedal would almost go to the floor with the rear discs, night and day difference with the bigger cylinder... the proportioning valve is also very highly recommended.

i have the Z6 so the bigger booster went in okay without much of a fight but the prop valve was the worst for me, overall i think it was well worth it, plus no squeaky ass drum brakes!

oh and another thing people don't really mention is that after you install and bleed and test, you need to get an alignment if you got the parts from a donor car, just FYI:p

Back