Need Help!!! 95 Civic Ex Motor Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95-CiviC-EX

I know the swap really isn't worth the hassle, but heres in deal.

The previous owner of the car blew the original d16 the came in the car.. so theres a d15 in it now the car runs fine as it is but i don't have a transmission for it... i bought the car from the transmission shop for $461 but they already scrapped the transmission to get some of their money for the car sitting there because my buddy didn't pay them in over a year... thats how i ended up with the car.

my sister recently totaled a 88 Acura Integra LS from which i got the D16A1 and transmission...

I need to know everything i need to do to put the D16A1 into my 95 Civic Ex because im on a really tight budget right now i already have the D16A1 motor and transmission.... and i want more power than what the D15 has.

I have the computer out of the integra and mounts also... im just stuck on getting the motor in there... both cars are 5 speed and i have the integra clutch cable already ran and working
smile.gif

I really need to get this done soon also because it's the middle of winter and im currently riding a motorcycle and that shit is no fun...

thanks in advance i hope somebody can point me in the right direction soon!

The swap will be straight up, however; I believe you will need to get a conversion harness, since the D16A is OBD0 and you are OBD1. www.rywire.com can help you out with wire harnesses.

As far as the transmission goes, if it is hydraulic then you will not need to do anything to modify it.

The D16A is the one of the strongest D series engines because of the girdle it comes with. Were you to ever find a nice VTEC head of your choice, it would be a beautiful thing. :D Best of luck to you my friend. :thumbsup: Keep us updated.

definitely not strait up lol no motor mounts line up ummm the powersteering pump and all that are located in different spots and i dnt think there will be enough room where
there at right now

Who needs power stearing????? just remove it, its just a waste of space in my opion... worrie about that later right :)

motor mounts still don't line up... don't know axles i need to use either i have both sets from the integra and from the civic also my torque rod and shifter linkage are now to short when the motor is where it hsould be under the hood.... what kind of mounts do i needfor the motor and transmission??

Live anywere close to Iowa? I'm coming back from VT could pop in and take a look for ya... I did a swap similar with my 95 EX ... if im not mistaken you need custom mounts for that Chasie.. which sucks cause there like $185 a pop or so

na im in ga... i don't know where to start i though about making my own motor mounts... how do i need to measure under the hood and the motor to get it in there right?

well ur gonna have some fun doing that but is posible,first u need to get a mount kit and a longer transmision shaft for ur driver side 90/94integra has it accord too other wise ur axle is gonna pop out on the wiring u need to get older harness or use urs if u want couple modifications of course LOATEZ

Back