Need help, alternator issue, b18 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheminusMan

I put a b18a1 in my 91 civic hb and it runs like a beast but my alternator doesnt work? Im pretty sure its a good alternator and i am thinking it must be a wire somewhere. I have scoured the net for diagrams so I can trace this down but am running out of patience. If anyone has dealt with this or knows what im doing wrong please let me know. Thank you. oh its a b18a1 non vtec, obd0, using orig wiring harness from the civic and did a mpfi conversion. Thanks again.

Double check your ground wires or you can have a bad voltage regulator which is internally built into the alternator. When you do Dpfi to mpfi conversion you don't rewire the alternator wiring so the wiring should be fine unless you have a bad contact.
GL!

Thanks, I will swim through my grounds, I just pray it isnt the voltage reg cuz you have to pull the motor to get the alternator out. Or take the intake off, but either way I will check the grounds, thanks.

just pull the driver side axle to get the alternator out. still sucks but better then the motor

before you go doing any of that, make sure that the alternator plug is fully seated (i.e. the little tab clicks down over the tooth when you press the plug in.) the civic plug on my rex was just slightly to long to seat that tab, which would result in the plug backing out after about a week or so. i used a razor blade and just scraped a tiny bit out of the tab until it would seat fully.

Back