1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help, alternator issue, b18 swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by TheminusMan, Feb 15, 2009.

1. TheminusMan

TheminusMan New Member

I put a b18a1 in my 91 civic hb and it runs like a beast but my alternator doesnt work? Im pretty sure its a good alternator and i am thinking it must be a wire somewhere. I have scoured the net for diagrams so I can trace this down but am running out of patience. If anyone has dealt with this or knows what im doing wrong please let me know. Thank you. oh its a b18a1 non vtec, obd0, using orig wiring harness from the civic and did a mpfi conversion. Thanks again.

2. TheminusMan

TheminusMan New Member

Anyone have any ideas, i need my alternator to work. Thank you for your time.

3. monotech

monotech Member

Double check your ground wires or you can have a bad voltage regulator which is internally built into the alternator. When you do Dpfi to mpfi conversion you don't rewire the alternator wiring so the wiring should be fine unless you have a bad contact.
    GL!

4. TheminusMan

TheminusMan New Member

Thanks, I will swim through my grounds, I just pray it isnt the voltage reg cuz you have to pull the motor to get the alternator out. Or take the intake off, but either way I will check the grounds, thanks.

5. pappaj

pappaj New Member

just pull the driver side axle to get the alternator out. still sucks but better then the motor

6. TheminusMan

TheminusMan New Member

Good idea, thanks for the tip.

7. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

before you go doing any of that, make sure that the alternator plug is fully seated (i.e. the little tab clicks down over the tooth when you press the plug in.) the civic plug on my rex was just slightly to long to seat that tab, which would result in the plug backing out after about a week or so. i used a razor blade and just scraped a tiny bit out of the tab until it would seat fully.

8. TheminusMan

TheminusMan New Member

Thanks alot, i will go try that right now. I hope thats the issue.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted