Need help asap 95 eg w a b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

carango

ok so i swap in a b16a on my 95 ex coupe something wrong with it my vtec is not working my vtec selenoid works and everythin oil is good but no sound im runnin a p28 chipped w a type r base map...for some reason my car is burnin a little piece (purge valve fuse)in my ecu and also on my friends p28 idk if its electrical problem or what before this swap it had another b16 that ran fine so i didnt change harness or nothing just slapt it back like it was any help will be appreciated thanks

Check your purge solenoid, it seem it has a short.
picture_1928.jpg

His purge solenoid is not like the one in the picture....unless its a different OBD than I had. I had a OBD1 B16A in a 92 Civic Si and the evap purge solenoid (USDM uses the sensor but JDM didn't) is on the IM near the firewall on the driver's side (left hand drive). It does have a clip from the engine harness but its the same as the 95 EX (D16Z6) harness......plugs right up.

OP....you are frying the ECU board?

Any Codes? Better yet......can you try a OBD1 P30 ECU? (lots of JDM P30's out there)

Its triwing a cel #43 only n is this purge valve problem hav to do w me not hittin vtec?? Wht will the p30 ecu do diff from my chip p 28...how come b4 everythin was fine did I concted the plygs wer ther not sppost to??

^^^^ Very hard to read.......no more phone text communication.....please.

The purge should have nothing to do with VTEC coming in or out.

P30 is a the ECU for that motor.

Do you have both the VTEC solenoid and oil pressure lines hooked up?

What OBD was the old motor? And the New motor?

Did you accidentally switch the evap purge and the IAT sensors? They are the same plug type and close to one another.

Ok my vtec selenoid and oil pressure switch are hooked up..someone told me that it might m my oil pump mayb is not givin alot of pressure...since I rebuilt my motor I didnt change my oil pump..also everytime I strt my car my oil light stays on for 10 sec..

About the plugs ur right there the same plug how will I noe which one goes to the correct plug??

I did it when I first put it in and I threw a code.....I thought they might be switched and switched them around......no more code.

So you had the SAME motor and SAME ECU running with no problems......then ALL you did was a rebuild?

My old block was no good so I bought a block from this guy n he rebuild it the only diff between my old block n his is that n his block wer u put the oil filte tgeres a space between filter n block the guy said its somethin to cool down the oil well my old block doesnt hav that

Its a factory oil cooler. Only 1st generation B16s had that (mine does). The PR3 pistons have a slightly lower compression ratio aswell.

Back