Need Help ASAP, Honda Del Sol wont start...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zukboi2004

Hondadata in my brain
Okay, a while back my 93 Honda Del Sol blew it's tranny. I replaced it and got rolling. Then my radiator had a crack in it, I didn't have the money to fix it so I J. B. Welded it, it didn't hold. It made a mess under the hood. Eventually I ran the car hot, spark plug wires melted onto my Denso iridium platinum plugs, it was a bitch to get them out. I replaced the cap and wires because all that moister didn't help I bet and got a used radiator to replaced the old one. I finally was ready to start the car and nothing. i got some strater fluid and nothing. I caught a few ugly slight humphs of back fire but still no fire. I think it's the coil that got screwed from all that moister. I was also reading the other threads and saw something that made me think about when the car was running. I remember after some hard driving I would stop to go get some gas(90 octane always), it would be hard to start. I would wait a few minutes and vroooom. Why would it do that? Now all it does is turn over no fire. I have to get my car running asap and I need to replace my driver side window and passenger side mirror. I am planning on moving back to south Florida in two months. Right now I am in Mississippi( I don't know why either). But I need to get my del sol running, so someone please help!!!!!!!!!!

I put a screw driver in my plug wire today and I have spark but no fire. Still puzzled. I heard of and ignitor, I have never heard or had to install one, so can this be it? I did this minutes after I posted this thread so hopefully I am on the way to solving my problem......

Still feeling around in the dark

Okay, I have replaced the ignitor, I have a stronger humph coming out the exhaust but no fire, I soon there after replaced the ignition coil, still no fire. So far i have invested about $120 but no fix. I guess it was good to replace these anyways they were all original. I guess I now have a peice of mind to know my stock ignition is all new. Next I have pulled the main relay, I popped it open to see what it looks like and I see three seperate failed solder joints. I am headed to my local junkyard to see if I can pull a good one from another car. Just my luck all the damn part stores in the area don't know and can't find what I'm talking about. I hate this lil hillbillie as town I live in. So after Jeb Clampet told me I need to order onefrom the dealer said screw it. I find one used. Last straw would be fix the one I have.... i ope I am on the right track, again..

I hate this damn car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I replaced the main relay with the one I got from the yard that was in better sheape than the one I had and no differance, I am ready to throw a stick of dynamite in the engine bay and say F%$#K it...........

if you ran the car hot to the point of melting spark plugs and wires, i'd take a good guess in saying that your motor is toast. you probably melted a piston onto the cylindar wall.

try turning to motor over by hand on the crank pulley bolt with a big wrench. if you can't move it by hand, its probably seezed.
i'd suggest taking the head off. see what the pistons and head gasket looks like.
maybe you can salvage something... but i'd stop dumping money into ignition parts when it's probably not the problem at all.

+1 this is the key to doing things right the first time. i know how it is to be broke though. i think brian was right, you should take the head off for a closer look. i doubt its the ignition and all that to.

Back