NEED HELP ASAP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

Ok so its 2:05 AM right now and me and my friend have been trying to do a tranny swap on his 1996 honda civic DX....we put a CX tranny in there...got it finally all bolted up everything connected and here is the situtation...we put 2 things of gear oil in it it shifts into gear fine BUT....when you release the clutch pedal the car doesn't stall when in gear and it makes like a scratching noise...my friend is thinking we needed the CX clutch? is this true? becuase it shifts fine but it does NOT move becuase it feels like the clutch just ISN'T grabbing. any suggestions on what we should do THANKS FOR ANSWERING ASAP!!!! we are doing this in my sisters garage and it took longer then expected and shes getting mad lol becuase her car has to be outside....i want to be able to use her garage in the future :p

Maybe bad tranny? why did you swap in first place? Maybe adjust the clutch. if its a d series tranny swap any other d series tranny should work. the clutch shouldnt matter from the cx a clutch is a clutch.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Aug 12 2005, 03:42 AM
Maybe bad tranny? why did you swap in first place? Maybe adjust the clutch. if its a d series tranny swap any other d series tranny should work. the clutch shouldnt matter from the cx a clutch is a clutch.
[post=539172]Quoted post[/post]​

ya thats what I thought to...reason why we switched tranny's is becuase his last one was grinding when shifting....and its a bitch to get the tranny out of the car becuase we ran into SO many problems...but the person we got the tranny from (close friend) pulled it out of his CX and it was in working order then....adjust the clutch as in how?

wtf no one knows come on guys we want to get this thing in running order!!!!! HELP!!!

did you test fit the clutch plate on the new trans input shaft?
if not you're a retard...

did you properly install everything?
both axles are all the way in?
the trans is all the way seated to the block?
did oyu put the clutch disc in backwards?

Throw out bearing is shifted, I'm willing to bet. It won't retract and engage the pressure plate.

My Civic hatch makes the scratching noise, but it still engages... After about a second :)

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 12 2005, 02:46 PM
Throw out bearing is shifted, I'm willing to bet. It won't retract and engage the pressure plate.

My Civic hatch makes the scratching noise, but it still engages... After about a second :)

-> Steve
[post=539371]Quoted post[/post]​

lets put it this way we didn't pull the whole motor out..so it was a squish to put the tranny in and we kinda bribed it to go in if you know what I mean...I know it wasn't the best thing to do...we didn't touch the clutch...umm the axles are in all the way that I know of my friend put those in ummmm...throw out bearing huh...how do we shift it back in place? I think we are just going to put his Z6 in with tranny and all now that we have to take the tranny out again...do any of you have a P28 around or a ECU we can use for a D16Z6 into a 96 DX coupe? thanks!

Back