Need HELP, axle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I got the new clutch installed and the axles popped into the tranny already. BUT, when I took the Driver side suspension apart to pop the axle out, I let it down after and the middle coupler part seperated. Now I try to line it up and push them back together and its a no-go. I'm leaving for Canada Friday morning with this car :confused: Please help if you can :)

take a picture, it would work better.

are you talking about the halfshafts?

I believe I am, its the longer axle. Then it ataches to the block with a bracket. Right after the bracket is a place that it couples and then goes to the hub. That coupler is where is doesnt seem to be connecting right.

I rly dont want to have to pull the axle out of the hub to get this all back together but I think thats where I'm headed :(

I'll take a pic quick guys and post it right up.

i know what youre talking about (i think...still post the pic) and that is definitely what you are looking at doing.

axle.jpg

axle1.jpg

New clutch :)
clutch.jpg

yeah about that....i dont think you pushed it in far enough....doesnt look good

Pull it out of the hub then and try to get it all in straight then?
And forget about that duct tape on the flexpipe, I bottomed it out a lil and the frays were diggin our arms up. :)

Last edited:
i think you need to just start again from scratch. pull the axle all the way out and try it again. it looks like its not matching up no matter what. kinda like its stuck on that clip on the transmission side.

looks to me like you popped the axle apart
you should be able to get it back together in the car...

you ever see inside an axle? its got 3 prongs/spokes with bearings on the end...
i think they came out of the "axle cup"
try and push the axle back together and turn the outer part while you apply pressure
it might be a bitch but it should go back in...
i just hope the bearings didn't come off the "prongs"

The other side is all the way in the trans, and I have the bracket bolted up. I just ran to my friends shop and grabbed his 36mm to take the axle out of the hub and try again. I'll post what happens.

you might not need to take it out of the hub...
you just need to get the axle back together inside the boot...

I took the whole axle out and couldnt get it to just pop back together. SO, I took the half shaft apart and figured it out. Its back together now, hopefully I'll be driving it soon so I can log some miles on this bitch before I try to take it to Canada. :)

Everything was all out of wack. Those lil prong bearing pieces have to go in a certain way and they must've spun and moved when it dropped. Not that big of a deal once I took it all out and apart.

Just finished re-assembling the car and drove it. The clutch is nice, a lil harsh for the engagement but thats better then the mushy POS I had on there. :D

Going to drive it for a bit now and log some miles before trying to make it to Canada. Wish me luck.......

remember to break in the clutch as per manufacturer's specs...

i'm sure you know this already but just in case, make sure that boot is securely on, cleaned inside, and greased...
good luck, be easy on the clutch for a bit you boost addict
lol

I drove it about 50 miles, totally out of boost the whole time. 500 miles until you can lay on the power.

Back