Need help B16B swap into civic eg4 hatch!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

michaeleg4

heey,

I have a question about a B16b engine swap:
I bought a b16b swap with the engine wiring harness that came out of a civic EJ coupe. I want to put in a civic EG4 hatch 92-95. The swap also included a chipped p06 ECU. I think the engine is OBD2a and the interior wiring harness is OBD0. What is the best way to connect all the wiring from the engine to the car. Is it easier to swap the interior wiring harness with a harness from a civic 92-95 coupe(OBD1).
I really need the help. I searched everywhere but found nothing about this swap.

the 92-95 hatch is OBD-1

the easiest way to do this would be to use an OBD-2 GSR or ITR harness... just plug everything in on the engine, drop it in and plug in at the shock towers... this is also a stupid waste of money

the smart way to do it, is to just take the stock harness in the hatch... bull it off the D series engine and add / lengthen / swap plugs where needed to make it work on the B... not hard... takes a little time and some attention to detail... but all of the plugs and wire you need are already there... so all it will cost you is some solder, shrink tube, wire loom, and tape... and you can probably cannibalize most of the loom off the JDM harness

if done correctly you will not be able to tell the difference between the modified harness and the OEM one

or you can do a full custom wire harness... but that is not likely somehtign you are going to want to get involved with

doing a B16B swap will be the same as a B16A swap or a B18C(5/R)... or a B18C(1/GSR) minus the secondaries

I'm located in the netherlands.
But for example my current D15 engine only has duopoint injection. So just 2 injector plugs. If I put the other engine in, then i'm missing another 2 wires for the other 2 injectors. That is one if the several wiring problems for me.Do you know how to fix that problem?. And i dont have an american civic maybe thats why it could be obd0?

Thanx for the help. A friend of mine that helps me with the swap says he takes care of the wiring so thats 1 big problem solved.
Now I have another question:
The B16B came from a EJ coupe. Does anyone know if the shiftlinks and the driveshafts also fit one my car ( civic eg4 hatch D15b2 engine manual tranny)

Back