need help B18 into 89 civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
as stated I am going to attempt to put my B18 swap into an 89 civic Si, when I removed the A6 out of the civic, I noticed there is a different plug on the back of the intake manifold I have never seen before, 1 blue wire and 1 black/yellow, and a big vacuum hose.

I am wondering if I can use my 91 engine harness on the 89 chassis, or if I leave whatever that thing is unplugged(the B18 is coming out of my 90 crx Si, and does not have a spot for that plug) will the car even run, I really need a set of reliable wheels by monday.

use all the factory wiring from the si, everything should plug in. if the engine dont have the sensor then it shouldnt need it. i think my b16 has the sensor your talking about though

every time I assume something will work, it doesn't. I really want a plug and play swap.

maybe it's something I need to change the plug to fit my B18, anybody done this swap(this is my first pre-90) feel free to weigh in, even though I'm not a total newb I still want some sort of confirmation that I am going about this the right way. this is coming from someone who has had to ride my bike to work past my broken hondas before, I want a car, not a lawn ornament.

the connector you are seeing is the ficsv (fast idle control solenoid valve). its used to increase airflow rate at extremely low ambient air temperatures. it kicks on when coolant temp is below 14 degree fahrenheit.

It is not needed, and will not be used on your ls. it will not throw a code, just leave it unplugged.

thank you.
I'm putting the D16 back in now because I got a super clean 91 Si with a GSR engine:), and I need my cable GSR trans and mounts for that one.

cable to hydro conversion ftl

Back