Need Help BAD CRX SI Wont Start!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamidnighter

Today Me and my friend were coming back from work on the CRX and pulled up on a light. Then a car pulled on the side of us and wanted to race so we did. And although my friends CRX kicked his ass the car just sputted and died after he let go the throttle. So I dont know how in the world we got home and CRX wont run right, it made explosions all the way home and it died and wont start for a long time later. We got home, then cleaned the spark plugs, and still had no success. We checked for spark and their was spark but it looked very slow. And everytime we would try to started it would crank but make loud explosions through the exhaust. So an hour ago we called it a day. And we need to know what could be the problem because we need the car to go to work!! Please somebody help me. :worthy: :worthy: WE NEVER SCREWED WITH THE TIMING

The car is a 90 CRX SI

:cliffs:
WE were Hauling as and got to 50mph and the car died out on Us
The car wont start
The car starts but then it starts to bog and make explosions through the exhaust
We got home checked and cleaned sparkplugs, still no success
Checked for Spark and thier is but very slow
Were guessing maybe is the fuel but it makes explosions

Check all the electrical things. Look inside the cap make sure the posts are in good shape. Check the rotor out too. Make sure the plug wires arent fucked up. Then check the fuel filter. It sounds more of an electrical problem because the explosions sound like the engine starts to get too much fuel and when the spark kicks in it makes the explosion.

We checked the Dist. Cap and the posts are good, well the fuel filter we havnt checked, and the spark plug wires are new and thier 9.3. Could it be the fuel pump?? OR thier is fuel delivery. We also took the intake off so that it can get oxygen easier.

Another thing is that we would take the spark plug wire #4 and the car would start but it would still bog and make explosions and when would put it back it wont start at all.

if that all checks out id check your crank to cam timing as well..you could have jumped a few teeth.

if that all checks out id check your crank to cam timing as well..you could have jumped a few teeth.

How do i check if that really happened?? Do I have to loosen the belt, line up the marks between the cam and the crank or TDC, and then tighten back up.

you have dashes on your crank pulley a set of three and one single one align the one single one with the dash on your crank case. remover your upper timing case and align the timing marks on your cam pulley with the mark on the back of the timing case.

check out the online manual at hybridgarage.com it has this info in it if youve never done it before

Back