Need help bad idle issues.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DumpedEGHatch

Okay so i'll start off by saying i'm new to the forum and cars. I am by no mean's a mechanic, this is more or less a learning project for me.

I just recently put a 93 B18a1 into my 95 hatch, I was actually talked into to this due to the easy plug and play aspect.
What I have is the 93 ls motor with a 95 ls transmission, so i went with a 95 engine harness for the VSS plug and a 95 JDM intake manifold for the throttle body mounted map (instead of the fire wall mount) I ran all new vacuum lines, and cooling system lines. I'm 99.9% possitive that they are all ran correctly and have no leaks, due to following many diagrams and using new line.but Like i said I am new to this.

So after a few days I got the car running. I had a very rough and high idle, which came with CEL codes for AIC(V) and o2, I cleaned the IAC and got rid of the code, along with the rough idle.
My idle at start up and running temp (the car has not been driven since the swap) is around 3,000 rpms. I have cleaned the IAC, and adjusted the idle screw, and no results.

Now I know I could check for vacuum leaks but I was wondering if the fact that I have no exhaust or o2 on the car would cause this? reseach tells me no, but i'm not sure.Basically im asking what else could cause this because I personally don't think there bad, so could I check something first?

:confused::confused:

Try the fitv, on my phone right now so can't really post a link to well but you can search for it here in the forum and online and you'll see how its adjusted to see if it helps . Really simple to do

I actually forgot to mention I already spun down the white part, I researched it already. I apologize I forgot to mention that. Thank you for you help though!

Have you checked to see if the iacv is functioning properly or either one for that matter. Just bought both for my car band new (bit pricey but well worth the gas saving lol ) or mayb try adjusting the idle the proper way, if not sure I know you can look it up online. I know you need to let the car get to temp then unplug iacv then adjust idle screw to correct idle. You could also check the tps with a volt meter see if thats set right (not completely sure not the tps but again you can look into that and I'm sure someone else here could tell you more)

Yeah i've been doing some research since you're last post, i tried adjusting it completely wrong, I'm going to try doing it correctly a bit later when i'm free. ill let you know what happens.

Well at least you got it down some lol as far as no back pressure, I'm not too sure about that I've never had that kinda problem

Investigate the "Idle Learning Procedure"

Have a timing light handy? I would check and see if your motor is timed right, takes a couple mins of your time, also I would agree about checking the TPS sensor. But ya I would check that out, and is your dizzy dead center of the brack holes or is it toward the firewall? almost sounds as if your cars timing is a bit advanced

I don't have a timing light, and my dizzy is centered, i have played with that a bit and it doesnt seem to make a difference, and as for my tps, i did have to put a used one on so it could be that, but when i unplug it, the motor does change in idle, idk if that mean's its good or not.

you should check the tps first with a volt meter and make sure if you have a book for the car/engine that helps if not id say get one itll come in handy alot lol if not you can search it up on google or on this and other forums, at work right now so cant really post a link right now

Back