need help bad .....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

speedtec

i have a 1992 civic hatch with a integra ls b18b1 swap auto.....it smokes.....i also have a 1993 civic coupe 5 speed with a b18c itr motor....the car is wrecked motor is good....the motor runs in the car i want to swap it into mine but i dont know if the ecu will work from a 5 speed to auto?.....

please need help on this one i have my first show to goto in april and im not ready so the sooner the better thankx guys

the 5 speed is broke bad i bought the car for the motor only o and the hardess......and my car is an auto ( girlfriend cant drive stick)....will the p72 ecu work with the auto tranny?

No the 5spd ecu will not work in a auto, the auto tranny has shift silonoids that needs an auto ecu to operate...

Is teaching your girlfriend to drive a stick not an option here? Clearly the ideal choice is to pull the entire ITR setup from the wrecked Civic and transplant it into your 92. An ITR motor hooked up to an automatic LS transmission is a waste. Might as well just sell off the wrecked Civic and use the cash for a new LS and whatever else you want...

she dosent want to learn and the tranny ( 5 speed ) is smashed.....the b18c makes more power then the b18b1 right?....and i got the parts car cheap..( $800...cdn)....

that engine is going to suck horrendous balls paired with that slushbox... dont do it
the gearing is COMPLETELY wrong for taking advantage of the B18C/R power ranges
absolute waste

sell it or put it in something else and just get another automatic B18B1

she dosent want to learn and the tranny.

i have said this before, and i'll say it again. EVERYBODY with a drivers license should know how to drive manual transmission. it's just part of driving. like you should know how to use an oven if you want to cook, and not just the stove part.

what happens if she needs to pick you up somewhere? what if her car breaks and she needs to drive your car for a week? there are a million reasons why everybody should know how to drive a manual, and not one reason to NOT learn how.

that engine is going to suck horrendous balls paired with that slushbox... dont do it
the gearing is COMPLETELY wrong for taking advantage of the B18C/R power ranges
absolute waste

sell it or put it in something else and just get another automatic B18B1

:werd:

Like I said, the ITR paired with that tranny is a waste. Just sell it and get another LS. Or, if you'd like a bit of an upgrade that will stil work well with the existing transmission, then look in to a B20Z1 from the 99-01 CR-V.

Honestly though, does your GF NEED to drive this car? Or is she just being a bia about this? Because if she has her own car, then why does it matter what you do with it? It's YOUR project car, right? Have a manual transmission if you want. However, if this thing is a daily driver that both of you need to use...well...how smart is it really to try and build a show car out of it?

Just some things to consider...

i have said this before, and i'll say it again. EVERYBODY with a drivers license should know how to drive manual transmission. it's just part of driving. like you should know how to use an oven if you want to cook, and not just the stove part.

what happens if she needs to pick you up somewhere? what if her car breaks and she needs to drive your car for a week? there are a million reasons why everybody should know how to drive a manual, and not one reason to NOT learn how.

:werd: :withstupid:

not knowing how to drive a manual shift transmission is just blatant negligence

Dump that bitch and sell the garbage to swap in a 5 speed. Or convert it to auto in the Ecu. Look it up online it's just a few resistors you solder in.

we have to cars she has her own.....i only paid $900 for the motor....i did find a auto ecu for a gsr...but the b20z sounds good thou....what do i need to do that swap?

You can use the ecu from a auto EX model coupe of same years. They did not make a gsr auto :)

They did, but not in the states. They have automatic GS-Rs in Japan, and once in a while a swap will find it's way here, but they're pretty rare...

we have to cars she has her own.....i only paid $900 for the motor....i did find a auto ecu for a gsr...but the b20z sounds good thou....what do i need to do that swap?

Basically just the engine, and use your existing engine's OBD1 accessories...

ok so sell this b18c and buy a b20z?...then i should be all good?

Well, if an auto-to-manual swap is out of the question, then yes. The B18CR is a great motor, probably one of the best 4 bangers ever produced. With that said, it's still a VTEC Honda engine, which means it's low on torque and it's going to excel at high RPMs. That LS slushbox isn't going to get it to those higher RPMs where it can really scream in a very timely fashion, so if you're stuck with that tranny, then yes, the B20Z is probably your best bet. It has more torque then the current LS engine you've got in there, and the torque and power are usable at a lower point in the RPM range...

Back