NEED HELP: Blown motor in 98 Accord LX!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quiCk paW 07

A friend of mine blew his motor in his 98 Accord LX (F23 Motor) and needs to know which motor will be the cheapest to put back into it?

Also, does anybody know a good place to buy honda motors online?

And what would a mechanic typically charge to do a motor swap?

A friend of mine blew his motor in his 98 Accord LX (F23 Motor) and needs to know which motor will be the cheapest to put back into it?

Also, does anybody know a good place to buy honda motors online?

And what would a mechanic typically charge to do a motor swap?

The cheapest thing would obviously be another F23, from the same year car or similar. Don't do anything pre-96, as those motors will require an OBD conversion.

As for the cost, it will vary by mechanic. I'd guess probably around a grand at least, if you're looking for warrantied mechanic work. If you source a motor yourself and take it to an import speed shop they might do it for cheaper, but then there's the question of work quality...

I thought that putting an older engine in a newer car is illegal....? e.g. putting a 93 f22a into a 94 accord.

It is, yes, but if your state doesn't require inspections then no one is really ever going to know, and it might be a cheaper option than buying a newer one.

Now, my question for you is, what does that have to do with this thread and was it really necessary to bring it back after 2 months of idleness?

better then 7 months right? :p Also. Even tho if no one happens to find out that I have an illegal car on the road. It would still bother my conscience for breaking the law.

Last edited:
Back