Need help choosing a turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohsosikcivic

Hot mess
So im doing a LS block with a B16 head, 8.5 compression pistons and the head has skunk 2 internals... stock b16 cams and valves that raise the compression .3 over normal.

Just so im clear what im being told.. you can go wtih a bigger turbo and put less psi into the block and get same results as going with a smaller turbo and boosting more? correct? Im not sleeving the block so this is why im asking. i want to be around 350bhp boosting 10 to 12 psi...

so i need help choosing a turbo. anyone able to give advice?:huh:

What you really should be asking yourself is: Where do you want the car to make power?

With an 8.8:1 static CR, that thing isn't going to be very quick out of boost.

If I were you, I'd go with something like a Garret 60-1 because it would spool quick and still make that power goal.

garret 60?

gimme some more info... explain why, cause honestly im lost when it comes to FI and how much am i looking at for that type of turbo?

Garret T-25 dual ball-bearing. Spools fast, gives you good low-end power, and boosts up to 15 psi. It's about $400-500 if I remember right but I could be wrong.

if you want to make some good power and still have some street drivability then get a GT3076r. spools good and makes a butt load of power.

I second the 60-1. The t25 will not make the power you seem to be looking for, but can be had from old dsm's for less then $100 used.

i have a turbonetics t3/t04b 50trim .48 a/r turbo i am selling. I am currently making 350whp on my b16 with it. i want to go more so im getting rid of it. my loss ur gain. 500$, pm me if your interested.

Back