Need help choosing cold air intake for crx b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ALSCRX

Hey guys, I have a 91 crx hf with a jdm b16a. I want to run a cold air intake but not sure which one will fit. Has anyone bought a cold air intake for the crx with b16? I know AEM makes one for crx hybrid but too much money.

I want the aerospeed front mount cold air intake. Looks like a front mount intercooler but its a cold air intake. Its been out a while now but looks cool. These are the applications but not sure which one to choose to make sure it will fit?? Has anyone had any experience with this type??

-ACURA INTEGRA GS RS FRONT MOUNT COLD AIR INTAKE 94-01
s.gif

-</IMG>HONDA CIVIC FRONT MOUNT COLD AIR INTAKE 96-98 EX/HX/SI

-Honda Civic EG 92-95 Front Mount Cold Air Intake NEW

-HONDA ACCORD FRONT MOUNT COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM 98-02
s.gif
</IMG>

dont get that ghey ass intake... find an AEM for a CRX SI... it should fit almost perfect

Yeah man thanks, As i wrote its kinda pricey for an intake.......was looking for just some applications so i can pick up a cheap one as long as it fits.

Will a 2000 Honda Civic EX SOHC VTEC intake piping work on a 91 crx????

Oh yeah, you did write something about that. Sorry, I missed that. Yeah probably just grab an intake for an Si like eg6sir said. I'd probably just grab an ebay one, that way if it doesn't fit quite right or you have to hack it up a bit you didn't spend a ton of money on it. And you can always put a nicer filter on.

Thanks Brutal.....do you know if the 00 non si fits, I ask cause someone offered me a one piece cold air for cheap

Get a short ram. Tube doesnt much matter, but get the best filter you can afford. K&N makes great filters.

I heard K&N makes breather filters also for the valve cover...any advantages of using a breather over the" hose on valve cover to intake pipe???"

I'd use the hose personally, it helps circulate air through the engine.

Think of burning oil in your kitchen with a vent fan, but its not turned on.. The grease smoke fills the room, coats the walls, causes all kinds of damage, whereas if you'd just turn the fan on, the smoke would be drawn into it and expelled cleanly. Same exact thing when you take that hose off and slap a little filter on there.

The reason people do it is to keep the hot engine air out of the intake air charge, but the difference would be tiny.

Back