Need help civic hatch 93

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

girino05

I´m new to the forums and I live in Brazil, so gonna warn u guys first, my english is not very good!

Hi everyone!

I own a EG9 Civic Hatchback Si wich is equiped with a d16z6 1.6l vtec engine (125Hp). Just yesterday I was on the road and the oil light popped on the dashboard. I stopped the car, called a towing service and send the car straight to my mechanic. The man said the engine is gone for good.

So here´s my question.

I will have to spend about 2000 dollars to rebuild the d16z6 engine here in my country and as a matter of fact this powerplant ain´t very powerfull. I´m considering a B16A or a B18C swap.

eBay Motors: JDM B18C GSR DOHC VTEC 1.8L OBD1Honda Civic / Integra (item 290172086124 end time Oct-28-07 08:07:32 PDT)

eBay Motors: Civic CRX Delsol B16A OBD1 92 93 95 Engine LSD Header (item 330176866915 end time Oct-25-07 14:40:20 PDT)

Are those ebay items too crappy?

I live in brazil and the B16A is very rare here, we don´t even have the B18C. I´m seriously considering importing the engine from ebay or any other place.

What about fuel consuptium on those engines?
And maintence? Very hard too find B16A engine parts here, B18C doens´t even exist...

thanks in advance and sorry for tha poor english!

Last edited:
if there is an engine shop/machine shop in your area... i have a b16a2. its flooded so needs a hot bath, hone, and new internals. its assembled right now. lmk if you're interested.

I'm not sure about ebay unless you're buying from a reputable shop with a lot of good feedback. Being that you're out of the country it may be harder to resolve something should problems arise. I'm not sure if they deal out of the country or not, but Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com is a very reputable company that has what you need. As far as maintenance if you replace the essential items such as timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and make sure the engine is in good shape before putting it in you won't need to do much for 90k miles other than valve adjustments every 30k miles. Hopefully they can ship to you, if not I don't know anywhere else out here that will.

thanks for the info guys, it´s been really helpfull!

I´m still working out a solution for this, since I not in urgent need of a car I gonna take my time and gather as much info as I can.

I found a 97 Coupe Civic in very good shape, this car is very hard to find here (Honda only produced the Civic Sedan in Brazil, in the LX and EX trims, all 6th gen coupes have been imported from the US or Canada) and it has a B16A2 swap on it!

I´m taking my time to find the right one!

Thanks everyone for the help.

Back