NEED HELP civic won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SAMscivic5894

I have a civic em with a b16a2 conversion and it isn't starting the fuel pump is ok but isn't priming and there is no spark the fuses are all ok and my vtec controller which runs its power from the ecu has no power I need help fast

EK and EG main relay is near passenger side dash and the door jam. I think it's mounted to the body of the car or dash bracing/framing. Yours should be there too. But if it goes through a series of clicks when key is in the "on" position.....you should hear the fuel pump prime too. The fact you hear clicks but no fuel pump, ALL fuses are good, and no spark... makes me think grounds (engine harness on thermostat housing, valve cover, and transmission) Or some other wiring come loose from recent work, or.....fried ECU. But I could be missing something. Maybe distributor...no, I don't think so. No fuel

EG and EK is the same main relay. Yours should be the same (if you have an EM1). Maybe find one to temporarily try? It's a 5 minute job to take one out and replace it.

Back