Need help deciding on a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hellfire17

Ok so I just picked up a 1993 Integra RS from a impound lot and I really wanna do some work to it.

It's pretty stock as far as performance goes so the first thing I wanna do is put a bigger engine in it.

I've been reading up on it and it seems like the best way to go is the b16b but those run around 4grand.

I was also looking at the b16a bring in 168hp. And just turboing it.

Also I seen the b18c and I hear this is a good platform to build on with turbo.

And as I've never done a motor swap i wanted to ask. How hard is to it convert a non vtec to vtec.

If you could help point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

if you are considering turbo then just turbo the B18A1 that you have in there now and be done with it

the B16B is far from the best option to put in your car (or any car) a B18C/SiR has 4 less hp and 10 more tq and costs about $1500 less

the B18C1 (B18C/SiR) is a decent platform to turbo... but so is the B18A1

VTEC conversions are not that difficult as long as you have some mechanical and wiring ability

but seriously... no offense... but you need to do a LOT more research
you are on track to spending an ASS LOAD of money that you dont need to spend

you need to sit down and figure out what you REALISTICALLY want from this car and what you want to use it for

come back with some goals and we will be better suited to help you form a plan that will save you from wasting THOU$AND$ of dollars

Will the b18a1 accept a good turbo without taking away alot of the reliablity?

I'm looking to build the car into something nice that has some power behind it but not looking to have some 500 hp beast that does0-60 in 4 seconds. Not looking to build a 10 second car just something that I can throw around when i want to.

yeah theres tons of people running around with turbo B18As

and the money you would have spent on the new engine can be better spent building and tuning this one

Ok cool. So should I invest in some work on the engine before slapping on a turbo.maybe some new rods and some resleeving?

Or will it take the turbo just form stock.

Back