NEED HELP, engine keeps dieing! 1990 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

needhelpplease

Hi, I have a 1990 Acura Integra RS, it has developed a problem lately that I can't figure out. One day I went to start the car up, and it started but after about a minute or so, engine just went dead, like I had shut it right down. After that, it was hard to get started again. FINALLY it started again, and I drove it around the block, no engine light came on at all & seemed like it had full power but died around a corner, just dead. Its a standard transmission if that matters. Its getting pretty cold lately where I live, maybe thats a factor..... Also lately when idling at a red light or whatever, my engine rev's would drop as low as 250RPM and seem like it was going to die out BUT would kick back up to about to 1000RPM and sort of bounce back & forth, but would NOT shut down from this. Today, when the car was cold this morning, I started it up, NO problems, it ran for about a minute or two, just fine, but died after that again. It started OK after it died that time, but again only ran for another minute or two than died. After that, it didn't want to start back up.... ANY IDEAS??? Been told maybe a mass air flow sensor or whatever... Any ideas at all, please let me know. EMAIL me if possible: dmcdonald4@shaw.ca THANKS!!:(

No check engine light? Have you tried pulling stored codes from the ECU?

Could be a mass air flow sensor.. I would also check fuel pressure and main relay.

Back