Need Help Engine Reving

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbowagon92

whats up, i have 92 honda accord w/built h22a w/t3/t4 turbo.the computer is a p28 w/crome pro base map.when i start my car and rpms raise to 2000rpm on tach. when temperature needle raises to operating temp the idle stays at 2000 rpm,when i give it gas rpm goes up and down from 1500 rpm to 2500 rpm.then it smooths out and idles at 2000rpm.this just started about 3 days ago.my car usually idles at 1100- 1300 rpm.what possibly could be causing this problem?i don't know maybe the map sensor or tps sensor,could it be my ecu itself?my car has not been boostin right neither.my car is set at 10lbs by wastegate spring no boost contoller but yet only about 4 lbs of boost.that is another issue that is bothering me.:confused:

Last edited:
did you check your idle adjustment screw??? or else it may be some spring that you can turn around in the intake manifold. I just tighten my screw when that happened and then all has been well with that for a good year now.

checked idle adjustment screw

yeah i checked idle screw turn it to the right after engine is warm but screw can't go any further that's it no more adjustment.the idle also bounces back and forth from 1500rpm to 2000rpm after hit the gas while parked :confused:

On the intake maifold, there is a plate you can take off, and there is a spring in there. The trick is very easy, just take the spring out and put it in the other way. Dont ask why but it works.

i will see if I can get pics of the area where it is at by this weekend. It may be hard to get to. The air intake where the throttle opens and closes, right below that towards the cab of the car. I will see if I can get pics for yea. by the end of the week.

Back