Need help!! Failed Mpfi conversion :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disableddan

Crazy Insane
Hey all,
Well I spent all weekend working on my Mpfi swap and it's not finished, I seem to have hit a little pot hole.
First of all, there is a black w/yellow vacuum line from the maf (the longer one) that has nowhere to hook up.
The EACV has an extra coolant line fitting with no hose...
Lastly, there is no "yellow and black" wire from the resistor box.
Any help you guys could offer would be great, I was up until 230am trying to do this and now I want to shoot myself! :D

your map vaccum feed goes to the nipple on top of the throttle body

55950201zh9.jpg

The eacv coolant line on the side nearest the pass. side has a small hose that connects it to a junction underneath the tb. on b-series and on 92-00 d-series engines there would normally be a fast idle thermal valve (fitv), but your tb doesn't have this so the junction simply is rerouting the coolant. when it leaves there it goes into another hose that then goes to the port pointing up which is to the left of injector 4 (one nearest the dizzy). the hose which connected the underside of the tb to that port also has the vaccum line from the intake to the valve cover attached to the side of it. the center of this piece which connects the two lines is metal, but the ends are flexible hose. You can actually partially see it in the picture above. green line is coolant, blue is vaccum. map line is yellow.. obviously lol. The coolant line closest to the driver side goes to the coolant pipe with a small output on it on the back of the block.

and for the resistor box, the yellow/black wire is on the engine side of the harness. on the resistor box itself there are 4 black wires and 1 red wire. the yellow/black wire on an Si chassis corresponds to the red wire in the res. box. run your ecu a15 to the red wire.

Last edited:
Thanks man! I have a fellow Honda enthusiast coming over tomorrow to help me out with getting the thing running :S This was my first attempt at anything of this scale and it was a big piss off at 230 in the morning on sunday (ok technically monday lol) to not have it done, but now there is hope :D
Thanks again for your time!

Thought of another question- I swapped the diz connector from the Si harness onto my dx harness and just repinned the wires matching it to how it was on the si harness. (That was a crappy sentence). There are two "white" wires (i think they used to be white once) that have no other color on them... is there any importance as to which goes where?
Thanks!!

The thick white wire is the ignitor wire so make sure you don't reverse the 2 wires around.

Last edited:
In theory what would happen if they were mixed up?
I got my engine to actually start and idle today!!! (after a week of it being out of action). I'm getting error codes for the EACV(Code 10 i think), IAT(code 14 if im not mistaken) and engine electrical load(code 20 fo shizzle). Again my fellow Honda enthusiast is coming over tomorrow to help me, and also I need to get the Si intake tube (grumble grumble). Has anyone else ever been pissed off at this writeup for being incomplete as far as what parts you need to do this swap? lol.
So now when I have it running and I press the gas it almost dies. And it idles up and down but could that just be the vacuum hose that's supposed to attach to the intake piping? Lastly one of my vacuum lines from the MAP has nowhere to go...
*edit* Thanks again for being helpful!!

Last edited:
how many lines does your map sensor have mine has 2 i think but i hadn't pulled it off to make sure but they are tied together then go to the nipple on the throttle body

ok i think i also need some clearing up to do, the firing secuence starts from the dizzy to the timming belt or backwards?

oh thank you so much guys, i'm in the process of doing mpfi and then obd1 for my crx dx and a b16a, Thanx again.

Have fun man, I finally got my car running today, runs great, has alittle more get up and go :D Im just glad my damn car runs again!!!!

yeah thanx, i drove the donor car which happens to be an si (with b16 in it/)and it was a lot of fun, the wiring on the donor car was pretty bad and didn't engage vtec on the b16a ,my dx will be a lot more fun with that b16 in it, like i said before thanx guys for clearing stuff like this.

Back