Need help for rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcain3

Honda Power YEAH!
Hey everyone i have a 94 civic ex with a d16z6 i want to get a little more power out of it and was wondering if putting new bigger cams in it would help, if so what kind? i was thinking of rebuilding the whole thing but have never rebuilt anything before and kinda nervous about doing it. Any help or guidance would be Awesome. thanks

Putting new cams will help with power, but there is much more to it than that. Take some time and look around the site. There is tons of useful info. Many people have built on your platform so you should be able to find someone who has done what you want to. I am learning how to rebuild an engine for the first time right now and you are right it is intimidating, but if you take your time and learn everything you can then you will be prepared. Get a Helms shop manual for your car, it will help out tremendously. I actually bought this book, but here it is for free online. Honda/Acura Engine Performance: How ... - Google Book Search
It will give you a good understanding of what your engine does.

Thanks for the info wikedeye! That book is going to prove to be a treamendous help. Unfortunately for me i wont beable to start my build until Febuary due to some relocation issues however i figure the more info i can find out now the better everything will work out come Febuary. Thanks again!

Oh i forgot to mention very nice build you have going for you nice find too! Once done your car will def love you back X's 10!

Hey there is no reason to hurry. I have been researching for over two years now and I am just now getting stated. A lot of time was spent looking for a deal on an engine, which I finally found. The rest of the time has been spent trying to decide what I actually want out of my engine, and what modifications will get me there.

Back