need help from expericence

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok im swapping a jdm b16a into my 1990 integra ls. heres the problem i got it out of a crx. and this motor was fully pro built by a shop and i know the b16a need 2 o2 sensors in the header. but this motor has none? i have the header still on the motor. no o2 holes at all and he said there was none in the exaust at all not even one after the header. soo what was thinking is that can it be tuned not to have o2s?

ok ive heard from so many ppl that you must hook up 2 o2's for a first gen b16a bcuz one o2 read cylinders 1 and 4 and the other 2 and 3

Last edited:
and that why i said expericanced help bcux thats what i thought until i found out a first gen b16a manifold has two o2s. and thats why i wanna know if there is a way around two or any cuz like i said it is a very heavily moded motor and tuned so i wanna know if you can run none at all? or something along tyhose lines?

Somebody recently posted something on here saying they had an OBD-0 motor and it had two o2 sensors. They could have been mistaken, but that could be a possibility. I'll try to find the thread.

You could run o2 simulators, or just have a machine shop add bungs to your header and exhaust pipe. You can try and convert it to OBD-1, but you'd still have to have one sensor. If it were me I'd probably convert it to OBD-1 and just have a bung added to plug the sensor in. OBD-1 is probably the easiest to tune, and if you've got a fully built motor you're probably going to want to tune it.

ok thats what i saying but ya i was just gunna add the o2 sensors anyways but i wasnt sure ecuz the way he made it sound is that he didnt have any 02s could it even run?

If an o2 sensor is unplugged or broken the car will run, but not as well as it could, and the Check Engine Light will be on. Your gas mileage will probably suffer too.

Then have bungs welded in at the top of the header. Or just convert the damn thing to OBD-1, that way you;ll only have one o2 sensor to deal with, you can get an extension wire and have the one bung welded in at the bottom of the header, and it will also be easier to tune.

why not just chip the ecu and not use one

option 1. chip a PR3 ecu [run obd0], get rid of o2 through tuning
option 2. do OBD0> OBD1 conversion then chip a p28 & finally get rid of the o2 through tuning

i have never ran my DD NA swaps with O2 sensors

Wide Band yes, regular O2 no. i think they are a waste of cash and my state doesnt care to REF.

there are two single wire o2 sensors at the top of the odb0 manifolds. one monitors cylinders 2 and 3, the other is 1 and 4. best bet is to do the obd1 conversion, youll regret not doing it later when it comes to tuning and such. i do.

theyre set up like that bc honda thought it was a good idea i guess. lol.

ok this is exactly what i was saying. its fully built with a pr3 ecu and its chiped and shit.... that why i was saying could it be tuned not to have o2 sensors at all cuz from the guy i got the motor from he thinks he never ran any o2s at all.. and yes exactly what that guy was saying first gen b16s use two o2s in the manifold to read 2 cylinders each

BINGO ^^^^^

just tune the thing and get a WB for real readings

if it didnt have them and he was driving it then leave it be for now, but if it runs like shit, that could be your problem. anythings possible when it comes to computers, so they could have deprogramed it i guess. or just ran a resistor through the wires and whatnot. either way youll now for sure when you drive it, it should trigger a code if it needs it. unless they reprogrammed it for the cel never to read anything.

ha

youll need to turn it on... if it is in "limp mode" then youll need the fix.

you cant tell from the ecu, and more than likely if you have the same ecu that they were using then it wont need it. if it is an oem ecu then you will need it

no they said its a fully tuned and chiped ecu which i said i poped it open and it looks like its been fucked with compared to a virgin ecu. and ya i dont really wanna wait to know if i need to weld bungs into my header or not if i could just bring the ecu somewhere have it plugged in and me be told whats all done to it.. get what im saying?

if its the same ecu they were using and they guy told you he never saw O2 sensors then dont worry..

weld the bungs, then use the o2 bung plugs. that way they are there if you need them but plugged incase you dont need them, make sense? either way you win.

thats exactly what i was thinking but i didnt want to hook that shit up to my ecu if it was gunna short it out iif they arent suspose to be there

Back