need help gaining weight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i like my jiff. fucker back up. dont take away my jiff. i dont like that watery ass 'natural' peanut butter.

what the hell kinda PB are you talkinga bout that's watery? Maybe peanut oil, but not water. it should be just as thick if not thicker then your normal PB.

when i was just a cashier, the grocery manager told me that id like "natural" pb and it had this watery shit on the top...coulda been oil...i still like my jiff.

maybe cardio is for the summer but i started in the spring and did not want to jump on cardio before getting bigger. im interested in what type of body you have?

this is taken off another site wich is mostly dedicated to buklking and getting huge

I'm 5'8-5'9 and not sure what my current weight is, I've let myself go a bit and lost a bunch of my mass because I was slacking off. The heaviest I ever got was 170lbs. Thats not very heavy but for my frame and height, I was beginning to get up there but more than anything it was about the strength I had at the time. I was squating 315lbs on my 5th set of squat, and pulling 350lbs on stiff legged deadlifts (harder to lift as much weight as traditional or sumo deadlifts but easier form), easily.

I've been a wrestler all my life and in my high school career I was a distance runner as well as wreslter. I'm by no means a big guy, just a very lean guy, who's athletic and strong for my size. The average guy who doesn't work out, even if he outweighs me by 50lbs, I can hang with in terms of grappling and having pure strength contests. I know this because I beat up on my bigger friends that are bums, but provide a challenge simply because of their body mass.

Also Lee Priest (an australian bodybuilder thats extremely well known) who sits at about 5'4 or 5'5 and 205lbs during the season, balloons up to 270lbs in the off season when he's bulking. Just because someone does that and has good results doesn't mean its alright or healthy. His heart and ultimately his health are taking a toll, just like Arnold who now has a hole in his heart and has to periodically see doctors about his condition because of all his steriods. I'm sure Ronnie Coleman will have his troubles soon enough as well and I don't see him living his life a very long time. Now people like Jack Delaine (the juice blender guy and the fitness nut) who's extremely fit and strong, even at his old age, have lived long full healthy lives and continue to enjoy their stay on this earth in good health.

If you're in it for the short term and whats on the outside, sure go ahead eat whatever you want, but its certainly not good for the long term or your health in general.

Also what you quoted was written by a borderline retard. The last thing anyone who works out wants to do is go low carb. Carb loading ftw, in terms of working out. Complex carbohydrates (brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole wheat bread, whole grains, etc., etc) rank supreme and are also a good source of fiber (which will help keep the prostate cancer away and a well balanced digestive system). Going low carb is only a very temporary thing, but as soon as you burn those calories up then your body is going to go into a state of ketosis and start burning its muscle tissue, stored fats, and other tissues up until there's nothing left.

If you need a decent site with information, go to Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site.

Olympic lifters, bodybuilders, and pro powerlifters frequent those boards. There's also articles posted by world reknowned trainers and dieticians.

It can be found anywhere and IMO its much better then the other crap. If you're a sweets freak, get some honey. at least its a natural source of sugar. rather then some fake shit they pump in there.

Normally there's not much sugar added to peanut butter.

The downside to non natural peanut butter is that it has partially hydrogenated oil (the devil) added to the peanut butter to make it smooth, creamy and flavorful.

Obviously you know this since you've had natty pb before, but it doesn't spread real well and it doesn't mix well. The oil seperates out at the top of the container and it spreads on bread like dog shit. (**I just read that someone mentioned the watery stuff at top, thats the peanut oil seperated out, you have to really work to mix it in and then it will eventually seperate out again - proteins + lipids)

I did it for awhile, but really the peanut butter taste was too strong and it was gummy. Even though I don't really like the hydrogenated oil (since it and high fructose corn syrup are the nutritional devoid devil) its cheaper and easier to buy the regular peanut butter and there's not a huge difference.

For whoever said that peanut butter was high in fat, so they looked at it as not so healthy, thats far from the truth.

It may be high in fat but its high in monosaturated fat which is the healthiest fat there is, which is exactly what you do want in your diet.

I should really get out of this thread, because I can write a book on this stuff and I shouldn't waste my time.

Last edited:
Back