Need help getting my D15B7 started

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lionsfreak

Hey so heres the deal, I changed out my head gasket in my 93' DX(D15B7) and used Arp head studs now it wont start. It has been sitting since last fall, it cranks and sounds like something is about to come out of the exhaust but never catches. There are new plugs and I pulled them out and they smell like gas and turned black. I also pulled out my AC and the fan. I double checked my timing and plug wires and they look fine. Could it be the gas there is about half a tank. I am really stumped here and pissed as hell, a simple head gasket and nothing. Please help, thanks

double check your timing and make sure you have the distributor on correctly. A friend replaced his head gasket and put his dizzy on wrong and it wouldn't start.

Well I got it running, I changed the plug wires and now it starts fine. It runs fine now but after getting warmed up it gets really hot, really hot. Like overheating hot. So I tried a new thermostat and the cooling fan is working fine, still getting hotter than hell. Would it be some kind of sensor or something??? I got nothing..,,,,,!!!

um, the thermostat in the car reads really hot? Did you torque down the studs like you were supposed to? Check to make sure your fan kicks on while idling.

I torqued the headbolts to ARP's specs, which was I believe 60LBS. Yes the fan does come on while ideling. I cant figure this one out...

You know that was actually going to be the next thing I was going to try, was flushing the radiator. I cant remember the last time I changed it.

Another thing is I was having this overheating problem before I ended up blowing my headgasket. The idle is messed up when it gets hot too, it revs up and down up and down its f**king weird. I also tried a new thermo, and flushing the radiator but that was over a year and half ago.....Of coursae this car has sat for about a year as well.

theres a part under your throttle body that you can take off and adjust. you have to take 2 screws out of the end without the hose fitting and there is a white peice that you can screw back in. i had the same problem with mine. that SHOULD fix the idling problem but im not 100 percent sure

My cooling fan isnt coming on, I got a good fuse and relay. I direct wired the plug to the fan its self and it works. And I have continuity between that plug and relay. Is there anything else that wouldn't let it come on. I also have white smoke coming out of the exhaust when I am driving but not at idle. What the hell is that???

Back