1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Going V-tec!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by KrUsHa, Mar 22, 2003.

1. KrUsHa

KrUsHa Senior Member

well i recently blew my motor in my 7thgen civic and its hard to find motors i had an lx (non v-tec) they want like 3000$ for a motor so i ran into a v-tec motor for the 7thgen for like 400$ with no problems and i was wondering to go v-tec do i have to get a new computer or wiring harness or whatever any help would be appreciated thanks

2. Havok

Havok Senior Member

Ok, 1st things 1st--how in the hell did u blow a 3 year old motor? It should still be under warranty. 2nd, if you found a 7g Civic motor for 400, it's a.) not working b.) not a 7g, or c.) stolen. YOu could put a K20A2 in there (RSX Type S) but that would cost a lot more than 4k.

3. Baker

Baker Senior Member

you can drop any b series in MUCH easier than a k20a

4. KrUsHa

KrUsHa Senior Member

lol first of all its hardly a year old the motor it has 8000 miles on it its a 2002 and im getting this motor from my uncles friend and it happens to be a v-tec so what will i need to change my car to vtec do i even need to get a new computer or anytthing?

5. KrUsHa

KrUsHa Senior Member

you cant drop a b series in they turn in a different way

6. Baker

Baker Senior Member

I don't know thats just what I heard but I do know the K20A is a LOT of work and will cost you around $10,000

7. omega11855

omega11855 Senior Member

i hate people who talk that dont know yes you can drop a b-series in it spins the same way as the d17 the rsx motor spins the other way and also can go in.(honda tuning Hasport did it)

8. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

How do you figure? :rolleyes:

9. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

it is super easy to do you need to run 4 wires

10. KrUsHa

KrUsHa Senior Member

first of all you cant put a b serdies in it spins a different way i know ok ive looked into it so dont talk shit rsx and d16 spin the same way not d series :angry:

11. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Yes you will need a new ECU. Also, the ignition swich is weird on them (security issue), i belive you need to take the ignition switch out of where ever you get the ecu from (could also be the engine)

I do not no alot about the 7th gen except a little about the SI so if I say something completely wrong, correct me. D and b series engines have the tranny on the passenger side of the car where as the K series (rsx, element, crv and SI engine) have the tranny on the right side. This means that they spin oppisite then the b and D. If someone put a k into a d series chassis, most likely they would have an engine with 5 gears of reverse and one really quick 1st gear. Unless they TOTALLY changed the d series for the 7th gen, you can still put a b series engine in there.

12. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

no the civic hes talking about come with the k-series (correct me if im wrong).

The civics with the b-series to k-series use k-series engine with the transmission it comes with. If you drop the b in with the k transmission youll notice the engine would be backwards, the vtec would be upsidedown!

13. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Yes i know you use the k series tranny but the mounting points are totally diffrent.

About him with a K series in it, no, only the SI and the soon to be civic Type R have k Series. The rest are all d series.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted