need help, got a few questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HiImJordan

First off I hope I'm in the right section, didn't really know where to put this.

Total noob here, I just bought a 98 civic coupe ex, and I really wanna get into swapping and turboing, I had a wrx but wanted to go Honda. Thing is, I don't know a lot about motor swaps in hondas so figured I'd come here, hoping to learn a lot from you guys/gals.

Basically I wanna get into the 300-350 ish hp range, without having to cut my arm off n sell it to pay for the swap.
What's the best swap to look into for a 98 civic coupe ex? Also what works best between various swaps, and the average prices on them? Plus I'd wanna turbo it.

Like I said I know like nothin yet about hondas but I really wanna build this one, so any info on the best way to build my civic would be great, thanks for all the help.

-Jordan

It all depends on your goals. I agree that a OBD2 GSR swap would be the best way to go as far as a motor. I also really like LS Vtec and B20 Vtec motors but for a new to Honda person just get a GSR swap. They are great motors. However a B16A2 swap would also get you to your 300whp goal. The GSR is a better choice IMO because first 1.8L>1.6L and the GSR has a better bottom end, oiling and cooling system. A turbo kit can be put together for pretty cheap. A standard TO4E turbo will be a good match up. 300whp is pretty safe for a healthy B16 or B18 stock motor.

Back