need help identifying my b-series head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mackers

hey everyone,

i am really confused as to what motor came in my car. the car importer that sold it to me stated that it was a type-r.

it is a 1991 honda crx sir rhd

now to the question, the block it labelled with b18c and the serial starts with 100 and this is the confusing part, the head it labelled p72-1 and the date stamp is 90/08/11

now if there is anyone out there that could help me with this it would be great

thanks

Mike

ok i was thinking the samething but the head has different casting features of a gsr, and let me point out again that its stamped as p72-1 and manufactured for the 1991 model year...

from what i have seen there was no such thing as a gsr motor in 1991

ok i was thinking the samething but the head has different casting features of a gsr, and let me point out again that its stamped as p72-1 and manufactured for the 1991 model year...

from what i have seen there was no such thing as a gsr motor in 1991

The B17A1 was used for the GS-R in 92-93 in the US, so it could have been put into production in Japan before that. That's kind of irrelevant though, since that's obviously NOT the motor that you have.

Does the block say anything besides just "B18C"? It could very well be a genuine Type R engine, although I very much doubt that it's from a 91...

brutalb83 - the block definately only states "b18c" and the serial starts with "100"

now i will have a picture tomorrow of the heads date stamp to show it

if anyone wishes to continue on this confusing situation lol that would be appreciated

M

type r and b16 say pr1,pr2,pr3,and pr4. type r is a b16 head that honda ports, and puts bigger intake valves and cams in it. it has green paint on it if its a type r.

Back