Need help installing Oil and Water Temp Gauges

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

street_racer_271

adrenaline is my high
Hey I'm new, my name is Abe, I have a 93 civic with a GSR engine, I have the Autometer Pro-Comp Ultra Lite Water and Oil Temp gauges. For the Oil temp, I heard that I could just replace the sensor with the oil plug, but thats not what I want to do since I'm getting a magnetic drain plug, So I was thinking of getting the Moroso Oil pan (unless someone suggests something better) and drill a hole in it an weld the adaptor into in an put in the sensor. But what do I do with the water temp? Do I need to get a hose fitting, cut my rad hose, put the fitting between the two pieces and put the sensor in there? or is there an easier way. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I used my stock temperature sensor and just put my wire in the plug, there has been debate on whether or not that will work with certain brands, but it worked for my Faze gauge.

water temp, mine (b16) was on the passenger side, above the transmission, below the distributor on the head.
Single black stick plug, they usually break.

thanks guys, do you by any chance have a pic of it? i followed the bottom coolant line, and there was some kind of sensor plugged in near it, is that of any use with this? Tomorrow I'll check on that black stick plug, does it have any wires coming off it? or is it just a plug?

its a single wire... the plug is about 1/4 in thick

It is right near the rear coolant outlet, so you probably saw it.
I can't think of any other plug that looks like it, single wire, stick plug, be careful taking it off, they usually break.
Mine reads about 170-190 when fully warm, I was told 180 is normal/correct/accurate so I left it like that.

ok i looked for it, and i still can't find it, maybe im stupid but i followed the bottom radiator hose to the block, below the distributer and beside the intake manifold, and there is a sensor there, but it was two wires coming from it, a black and a green, is that the stick plug im looking for? cause its hooked up to something, and what do i do with it if i replace it with my temp sensor? by the way i have a B18C1, not the D16Y7 that was in there originally. if they're different in that way at all,

Back