need help..!! motor bogging out..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chicken

okae so i got done with my swap.. i put an OBD1 GSR into my OBD2A Ek Hatch..
running an OBD1 GSR ECU.. starts up perfect.. but wen i rev it.. it boggs out at 3000 rpm.. like thats the point of redline.. any help..??

Have you wired everything else (knock sensor, o2, IABs, etc...)? Do you have any Check Engine Lights?

yea i have a check light.. and it threw these codes..

7 - tps.... but i juss replaced this..??
14 - IAC EACV...
54 - CKF crank fluctuation sensor...
65 - O2 sensor HEATER..??

does anyone know where the CKF sensor is.. and what the O2 sensor heater is..??

Originally posted by chicken@Jul 11 2004, 06:34 PM
yea i have a check light.. and it threw these codes..

7 - tps.... but i juss replaced this..??
14 - IAC EACV...
54 - CKF crank fluctuation sensor...
65 - O2 sensor HEATER..??

does anyone know where the CKF sensor is.. and what the O2 sensor heater is..??

the tps and the o2 sensor heater will not affect the engine in terms of limiting revving...youll get rough idling and revving without these sensors but they should should not stop the engine at 3000rpm. the o2 sensor heater is a sensor on catalytic converter (if you got the catalytic converter from the gsr also) otherwise you will see a dangling plug underneath the side of the engine closest to the firewall where you will need to connect your o2 sensor too. the CKF is what is limiting your car from revving properly. I dont know too much about how to check the CKF so i am going to leave that up to someone else to help you out with.

yea.. my O2 sensor is on my headers.. and for soem reson i juss changed the TPS.. but my idle is steady.. it doesnt jump.. i was thinking it was my CKF as well.. i dont even know where that is located.. anyone..?? oh my VTEC PRESSURE SWITCH CODE is thrown also.. could there limit my rev..?? hmm.. so wat does the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE do wen it is not working right..?? thanks..

What harness are you using? And what model EK is it? It almost sounds like you have a plug that isn't matching up. You need to get a manual for the motor and the car, and trace the wiring, usually from what I have seen, that many codes is indicative of wiring misroute. Also, have you been clearing the codes by resetting the ECU when you replaced the MAP?

did your ek originally have vtec? the plugs should match up.... I would get the pinouts for the ecu and trace each wire to where it is supposed to go. keep on resettting the ecu as you do this and eliminate each code one by one. ... if your o2 sensor is on your headers then you are not using the correct headers for the gsr motor. i would recommend you get a set of gsr headers and the catalytic converter... did you use the original engine wiring harness or did you reuse your old one?

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 12 2004, 07:34 AM
What harness are you using? And what model EK is it? It almost sounds like you have a plug that isn't matching up. You need to get a manual for the motor and the car, and trace the wiring, usually from what I have seen, that many codes is indicative of wiring misroute. Also, have you been clearing the codes by resetting the ECU when you replaced the MAP?

i am using the dx harness.. my car is a dx.. i was told my ECU might be messed up.. and i reset my ecu everytime i change soemthing..maybe i miss plaugged something in a diff place.. need me the manuals.. thanks.

Originally posted by slammedcivic@Jul 12 2004, 08:19 AM
did your ek originally have vtec? the plugs should match up.... I would get the pinouts for the ecu and trace each wire to where it is supposed to go. keep on resettting the ecu as you do this and eliminate each code one by one. ... if your o2 sensor is on your headers then you are not using the correct headers for the gsr motor. i would recommend you get a set of gsr headers and the catalytic converter... did you use the original engine wiring harness or did you reuse your old one?

no my ek did not have vtec.. i will trace the wires.. my headers came off my integra.. it was running fine efore in the integra.. i juss pulled it and swapped it.. i used the harness from a civic Dx.. thanks..

does anyone know where the CRANK FLUCTUATION SENSOR is located..?? thanks..

I believe the CKF is the plug where the wires that run from the transmission housing and on the inside of the timing belt cover and there should be a plug towards the top on a post. I was wondering same thing swapping a JDM GSR in my EK this past week but JDM doesn't deal with CKF

Originally posted by zm_dawg@Jul 15 2004, 02:43 AM
I believe the CKF is the plug where the wires that run from the transmission housing and on the inside of the timing belt cover and there should be a plug towards the top on a post. I was wondering same thing swapping a JDM GSR in my EK this past week but JDM doesn't deal with CKF

so wat if i used a jdm ecu?? would that cancel the CKF for my car..??

The Crank fluctuating sensor is on the oil pump. They started putting those on, on the OBD2 cars. I don't now how you have a OBD1motor and OBD1 ecu and you are still getting that code. Becasue I put a JDM 2nd Gen B16a into my 98 lx, and I'm using a OBD2 Civic si ecu. So I need the CKF, so I removed the OBD1 oil pump and I put on a OBD2 civic si oil pump. Who nows maybe that ecu calls for one! Look from under or above your car between the crank pulley and the alternator , if you have one, there will be a 2p connector coming from the oil pump housing!

yea its weird.. idont see why it would throw the code if im runnin an OBD1 ecu.. hmm.. ill check the oil pump.. thanks..

wat is causing the motor to bogg out at 3000 rpms??

check all your wiring all over again had the same issue on a friends car, it was the wiring. my advise rip it all out and run the lines again.

just make sure you have every wire accounted for and hopefully in the correct place also it could be a malfuction in a sensor.

Well if you haven't fixed it yet. Then check out your TPS and MAP sensor plugs. You might of gotten them switched around.

Back