Need Help - newb here. B18b going into 97' EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BACKFROMS2000

Hey I got a question about this swap. I got a 97 ls Engine and a 92 Integra Transmission (cable clutch) that I found for dirt cheap I'm going to do a mild build on the Engine to handle about 350-400 whp so I was wondering if I could use this Cable Clutch transmission for a little while I come across a a cheap GSR Hydro transmission. What are your thoughts and what will it take to make my 97' Hatch coverted to cable. is it worth it for a little while, like 6 months maybe a lil more?

D.

You have it mixed up, they sell a kit so you can use a hydraulic tranny in a cable tranny car.

IMO just wait till you can get the GSR Hydro tranny, that way you'll only have to swap once.

what do you mean a mild build? 350-400 whp is quite a bit of power.

IMO just wait till you can get the GSR Hydro tranny, that way you'll only have to swap once.

what do you mean a mild build? 350-400 whp is quite a bit of power.

I agree. I have an agressive build and expecting 400-475 safely. What are some of your plans for your build?

really? because I'v seen where Harsport sells the conversion kit for 96-00 civic with Cable Clutch.

D.

I've put on one of the expensive kits. I think it was around the $300-$400 price range and boy do we regret putting it in. Alot of modifications just to make it work. To me its reallie not worth the time and money.

Back