Need help!!!! Obd1to obd2b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@May 1 2005, 01:09 PM
your not getting it read my other post honda made a 99 GSR right well just get the parts from it and you can run it like a 99 duh. Ive got a 95 ls in my 96 civic ls haha i live in GA and NC can be more worse then GA in emmisions.
[post=493591]Quoted post[/post]​

You're not getting it, if they don't care that it is an older motor, they won't care that it has older electronics. If they do care that it is an older motor, than replacing the parts is a waste of time and money.

YOUR NOT GETTING IT HONDA MADE A 99 GSR RIGHT SO YOU JUST TAKE THE PARTS OFF OF A 99 GSR AND PUT THEM ON THE MOTOR. HE NEEDS TO CHECK WITH HIS LOCAL EMMISIONS PLACE TO SEE WHAT THEY CHECK

First, stop yelling. Second, I am only pointing out that it could wind up being a monumental waste of time, headaches and money, changing asinine minute parts, that serve the exact same function, in the exact same manor as the ones he already has. OBVIOUSLY there's parts he could swap to try making the motor as 99 as he could, BUT the FACT remains that if they do indeed care that his MAP sensor is from 94 instead of 99, they are GOING to care MORE that his fucking motor is from 94.

The general rule of thumb based on the California Air Resource Board, the standard to which the nation is slowly, and unfortunately, yet surely turning is same year or newer, not older but with new parts. Hell NC may not care if you shove a pissed off muskrat under your hood as long as it goes forward, but they may. Helping people includes giving them easier cheaper ways of doing things, and avoiding unnescessary hassels as well. If NC says that he needs new parts, than he now has the info, if not, than he saved a lot of trouble, everyone wins :) Anyway, no need to get bent either way.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 2 2005, 04:23 PM
First, stop yelling. Second, I am only pointing out that it could wind up being a monumental waste of time, headaches and money, changing asinine minute parts, that serve the exact same function, in the exact same manor as the ones he already has. OBVIOUSLY there's parts he could swap to try making the motor as 99 as he could, BUT the FACT remains that if they do indeed care that his MAP sensor is from 94 instead of 99, they are GOING to care MORE that his fucking motor is from 94.

The general rule of thumb based on the California Air Resource Board, the standard to which the nation is slowly, and unfortunately, yet surely turning is same year or newer, not older but with new parts. Hell NC may not care if you shove a pissed off muskrat under your hood as long as it goes forward, but they may. Helping people includes giving them easier cheaper ways of doing things, and avoiding unnescessary hassels as well. If NC says that he needs new parts, than he now has the info, if not, than he saved a lot of trouble, everyone wins :) Anyway, no need to get bent either way.
[post=494092]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks everyone. You have been a lot of help

Back