need help on choosing a motor for FORCED INDUCTION

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiceg94

civiceg94
i need help on choosing the best motor for going turbo i have a honda civic eg the years between 92-95 and also i am going to be driving this motor daily. i will build up the block so it could be trouble free for awhile. and also what transmission is good to go along with the motor you guys tell me. i wouldn't mind running 11's . thanks for your helps peoples

i need help on choosing the best motor for going turbo i have a honda civic eg the years between 92-95 and also i am going to be driving this motor daily. i will build up the block so it could be trouble free for awhile. and also what transmission is good to go along with the motor you guys tell me. i wouldn't mind running 11's . thanks for your helps peoples

11 second "dd"= possible

But first off what is your civic a dx, ex etc.

If its a ex keep the motor and turbo that itll be plenty fast!

its the dx model the hatch no i never driven a 11 sec car kinda new to these just want to gather up knowledge before i do anything pretty stupid whats the difference driving a 11 sec car? thanks

its the dx model the hatch no i never driven a 11 sec car kinda new to these just want to gather up knowledge before i do anything pretty stupid whats the difference driving a 11 sec car? thanks
an 11 second car is extremely fast. i mean EXTREMELY fast honda. You are going to spend upwards of at least $7k just in motor mods. you will sacrifice reliability and drivability with a car with that much power. you will lose a lot of gas mileage. the clutch will be hard on your leg.

if i was you, i would consider something a little more driveable. consider an ls integra (b18b) swap. you can do it for less than $1500. it is a good motor for an eg hatch. if you still need more power you can get the turbo then. if you are new to hondas, don't start out by complicating it with a fast motor that will cost a lot.

i just dont want to be slow on the streets you know because am still trying to decide either turbo or all motor i like all motor alot i just dont think i will keep up with the cars on the streets and thats another thing i will be driving this car like everyday to school to work and other places. i read an turbo ls motor could get really fast with simple mods. but the type r motor i like to go all motor so its like i dont know what will really fit me if you guys say 11 sec will suck on the streets because one plan is to buy the motor n build it slow not in a rush so nothing goes wrong and when am finish with the engine then i will put in it the car i think thats a pretty smart way to do it what do you have? so i could get an idea seems like you know your stuff

how much money do you have to spend on this motor? if you were going to just hand over your keys to me and a wad of cash and say, "i wanna go fast", how much would i have to build your car. right now, today, this second.

na i dont like it like that man i rather build it my self and learn not pay some guy money and make my car fast thats just dumb for me and am not a rich kid either i dont have money to put down in a week to make my car go fast

a turboed d series can be plenty fast, look up about mini-me and assembling a turbo kit.
if you end up breaking something in the engine it would be cheap to replace or you can upgrade to a b-series then.

push 10psi into your d15b7, with a turbo that is just a little too large for the 1.5 liters but suitable for 1834cc

Last edited:
or maybe a d16z6, these are good engines with its property engine build up, and easy to replace.

na i dont like it like that man i rather build it my self and learn not pay some guy money and make my car fast thats just dumb for me and am not a rich kid either i dont have money to put down in a week to make my car go fast
you totally missed my point. is this a 1 month project or 1 year project? how much are you going to put into your engine bay from start to finish?

i'm definitely not building your motor for you, i just want to know how much you will be investing. then we can give you a good answer.

11sec street..doable, but hard as hell. IMO, the secret to getting low times with FI, is traction(not really a secret i guess); so plan on looking for a decent multi-stage boost controller.

will i guess i will need just that important parts of the motor to run daily i really dont have a time a month or a year its whenever the motor is built right

Back