Need Help On How To Build!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsi95

Ok...I have a B16a Sir2. All I have on it now is an ITR manifold, Prothane motor mount inserts, an intake, exhaust, stage 1 Clutchmasters clutch, ITR injectors and a Skunk2 chipped p28. I have started gathering parts to throw in there. Right now at my disposal I have a completely built head with REV valves, springs, and retainers. CTR Cams, and CTR pistons. I realize that this is a higher compression setup but I wanted to boost it. If I put all this in the car would I be able to boost at a low level and still produce sufficient power? Because if you look at it, correct me if I am wrong, it's almost like boosting a b16B right? How many pounds would I be able to boost SAFELY with all that inside of it?!! Thanks.

MaRiO :blink:

Use the head, skip the pistons, you will be able to run a bit more boost, will save money and make more power.

Right now at my disposal I have a completely built head with REV valves, springs, and retainers. CTR Cams, and CTR pistons.

I'm assuming that at your disposal you mean you have the parts? I'd use the head and pistons. Get a hondata when you plan on boosting, and don't hook up the turbo until you are at the dyno. As its been said plenty of times before here, you can boost on higher C/R, it just is much harder to tune. (But you also make a butt-load more power)

As for those cams, (I might be wrong) aren't those going to have a longer overlap duration of the exhaust and intake valves being open and actually cost you some power? I thought that's what has been said here before, because you have to upgrade to some sort of turbo spec cams if you want to make more power with VTEC...

(as stated, I may be wrong about the second part)

whoever sold you ITR injectors fucked you because they are the same flow rate as the ones that were in there. oh well. the skunk2 chipped p28 is making you slow.

https://hondaswap.com/~pills/chet_ecu.html <---proof

and.... sell the pistons.. they are useless for boost.

Back