need help on ls swap into 91 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efnoob

I got an amazing deal from a buddy of mines, a free civic hatch with ls swap in it.I am a new when it comes to honda and looking to see what I can do to get this running and going.

Car:
91 civic dx
b18a swap
obd1 converted I believe, but how do I no if it was done correctly?...
MPFI wiring i believe, but how do I no if it was done correctly?...

problems:
-He did a wire tuck to it and there are a few wires still hanging all around. ( I want to just get a new harness but which one do I get?)
-fuel leaks from were the fuel line meets the fuel rail, how do I fix that?
-the trans feel real ruff to shift into, bad tranny?
-with the wire tuck he also put in a crx dash, nothing on the dash works, I still have the old dash will that all work if I put it back in.
-I heard it start once and it wont rav pass 3k rpm(have no idea whats going on there.
-when it started it idle very very ruff...

So can anyone help?

thanks
again i am new to honda's please help and give me good advise not smart ass remarks...

get a whole new wiring harness..it def. wasnt done right..the car not reving past 3k means its in limp mode..meaning your throwing a cel...
you will need a conversion harness...or you can try to do your own

which harness should I get, can I just get a ef civic si one and dont have to do the mpfi conversion, or should i just get another dx one and use that?

get another DX harness and go from there..or buy an already made harness...
monotech or rywire make/have them

i have a 1990 civic si and i just droped a b18a out of a 1992 integra obd1 into my car i need to figure out the wiring for it i want to use the stock si harness on this motor but the connectors are different on the distributor. the b18a distributor has square plugs and my harness has round plugs i need a diagram or info on how to change the plugs over on my harness if theres any more wiring you know about that needs to be done to make this swap work let me know

Back