Need Help On MY Swap...OBD2 to OBD1 ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrEK85

i am going from a single cam vtech in my 97 EK To an LS Motor Dat was In MY eg hatch...

i already finish putting in both motor swapped but now i am having problems with the EK since Its OBD2 to OBD1. went out n got my self a converging wire harness to help me with that. but the car is running slow from 1grand to 3grand once it pass 3 u can feel it start moving.... can any one help me wit this....

i put my obd2 ecu back on it ...

CAn anyone help me out here???

ECU??? OBD_???

Conversion harness from OBD2 wiring to OBD1 ECU?

I think timing too....did you jump the system to fool it so timing would actually change?

Do I need to chance the intake manifull?

We move the distributer to try to fool it. N I hate the obd2 comp on it for now cuz it runs like crap when the ms comp Is on.

I toke off the harness but I can put it back....how can I change the wiring so I can jump the Censer?

you need to jump the service plug with a paper clip or wire stripped on both ends

Moving the distributor is what changes the timing....not how you fool the ECU

ECU will reset the timing if you don't jump the service plug

My service plug (OBD1 car) is under the glove box (the smaller plug)

Search this forum for changing timing on your specific car (or Google it)

Doesn't sound like an ECU thing to me. You need to search the Forum for swaps like yours

I'm guessing you have an OBD1 motor and OBD1 ECU too.

If you have a conversion harness it should be fine.

It sounds like something under the hood....it could be a lot of things based on your description of what its doing.

So u dnt think I have to change the intakemanifull cuz I was running it today n it has no power right now I am so pissed that I feel like selling it I have the ovd1 motor n a obd2 comp on it right now.... Should I change it???

YES!!! You can change the ecu

I'm guessing the conversion harness you spoke about is not being used? The harness I know of is for the connections at the ECU (to convert OBD2 to OBD1)

You should never just mix an OBD1 and OBD2 unless you convert the correct stuff.

Get the OBD1 ECU for your motor...the LS (make sure its 5-speed if your car is 5-speed)

I DO NOT see this being an Intake Manifold thing...why do you think it is?

You have a mix match of stuff going on....fix that first.

You need to be more specific...and please don't write like you're texting on a phone.

You can also change the OBD1 stuff on the motor to OBD2 but that involves the distributor and alternator changed to an OBD2 set up. But I think changing the ECU will be cheaper and less work.....if you have the conversion harness that is needed already.

i have the LS ECU For the motor since that Motor was in my eg Hatch that were the motor came from. its a fully built ls GSR Block.

The harness is not being use but i am bringing the car back to my house n putting in the jumper harness and the obd1 computer.

they told me the car is running like that because of a censer on the intake manifold so that's y i was thinking it was that. since it has two censer on the OBD2 and only 1 censer on the OBD1 how can i by pass that.

I don't know how the motor could b running 12 n when i change it to my Ek seems like am driving Ms. dayze by any chance do u live in the Orlando or Kissimmee area

You need to keep your original harness and use it (its the easiest way)

I found some stuff out FOR YOU!!

If everything is OBD1....injectors should be fine.

But you need to splice/cut your wire harness and the injector plug together (since its OBD1 injectors and OBD2 plug)

You need to also splice the IAT sensor to your harness (color code like injectors above^^)

You also need an OBD2 dizzy or splice the harness to OBD1 plug (just like the two above)

Thats all I know about it...check those things for sure

As long as its a OBD1 ECU (preferably an LS ECU) you'll be ok

cool thx man... i am having someone come along n do the cuts and splice on there because i know i will mess it up

once i put the pipe on the car it seem to b running better it stop bogging later on this week i was going to change the alternator but now the car does not turn on.

Alternator wires should be color coded...(they should be the same)

Just use an OBD2 alternator or splice the wires together from harness to plug.

What "pipe" are you talking about????

were can i find a alternator, and which one do i look for by name?

the pipe that am talking about is the exhaust. i think it needed some back presher. but this weekend am working on changing the computer and the dizzy and try to do the injectors. so i can be back on the road.

Back pressure is not the problem.

Alternators can be found at a recycler that deals with Honda stuff. I have a town in Nor-Cal that has over 20 recyclers that deal with Honda parts. You want an OBD2 Alt/Dizzy/Injectors and OBD2 ECU

I say convert all things needed to OBD2....everything plugs in and your drive-train, engine harness and computer will all be the same OBD (easiest way but money needs to be spent)

Or you can convert to OBD1 and splice all those wires I spoke about.

Back