Need help on rebuilding H23A Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ghanim

Hey guys,

I’m planning to swap my old engine with a H23A Vtec and put it inside my Delsol, I got plenty of money which I plan to send it on rebuilding the engine, so guys don’t ask me to lend you some :)
My problem is I’m a newbie in Honda engines, so I’m hoping that you help me with my rebuild by giving me information’s. My aim is to build a 500HP streetable Del sol; I’m not a drag racer. I want to drive a slut that can beat a lambo in the streets.

I need to know

What is the best turbo kit for H23A vtec
What kind of pistons, rods and rings should I get for the turbo?
Do I have to tune the car computer? What is the best gadget to tune it?

A complete plan to reach the 500 HP would be highly appreciated. Thanks. :cool:

500hp is basically not streetable- no traction.you will need to sleeve the block, do research on forged pistons and rods there are goods and bads on every maker,turbobygarrett.com has a tutorial where you can learn which turbo to choose to meet your goals, you'll need an LSD limited slip diff. again research is your friend try Quaife or OBX. you'll also need bigger injectors probably 1000cc at least, for tuning (which is a must)probably handled by Hondata, AEM, etc. and turbo piping would probably need to be custom, I don't know of any kits for an h-series motor in a del Slow...hopefully you have just as much time as you apparently have money cause you have a lot of research to do, 500hp is achieveable but again you'll have to do the research and also start looking for a local tuner they can also point you in the right direction and answer many questions.

well some guy told me, that i can achive it by boosting the engine by raising the turbo psi level and changing the pistons, is that true ?

Back